“BEST IN SHELTON”

HYATT house Shelton
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I stay at Hyatt House a few nights a week for travel and have stayed in other hotels in Shelton. Hyatt House is my top pick because it is only a few years old so things are newer. In addition, the hospitality, service and cleanliness are a top 10. There is a modest 2/7 exercise room, an indoor pool, a 24/7 business center with computer workstations, free wi-fi in the room; and a buffet breakfast with made to order eggs, and omelets. Beds are very comfortable with plush pillows, and a pillow top mattress. All rooms have a refrigerator and microwave, a 42 inch flat screen TV and many have mini kitchens with full size refrigerators, small stove and DW. THere s also covered parking and it is pet friendly.
There is no restaurant on site but there is a full bar and small plates menu at the bar. You can walk to Chili's and Longhorn Steakhouse (in the same parking lot). There is a Shop Rite grocery store across the way that you can walk to if needed.
Have not found a better place to stay in Shelton.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and away from elevator
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for HYATT house Shelton

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Recently stayed at the Hyatt house whilst on business. Very clean, newer property with very comfortable beds and clean rooms. Morning breakfast was included with great selection and a staff/chef manned omelet station. Bar area on the property with cool drinks after a long day in the office. Would most certainly stay at this property again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2012

My fiancé and I are having all of our guests stay here for our wedding, but I was traveling for work when she and her parents visited the hotels in the area. They reported back that the Hyatt House was by far the best hotel in the area and the people the nicest. I wanted to see it, though, so we traveled up there to stay the night, and I could not be happier with the hotel they selected. We received a free upgrade when checking in, even though we hadn't told them that we had booked our wedding there. I asked a lot of questions and everyone at the hotel was incredibly helpful, going out of their way to help us. One of the women at the front desk even showed us the other types of rooms to help us plan out what we need.

The rooms are laid out very intelligently. The hand pump soap and shampoo in the shower is a great touch. Also, I always assume hotels are going to have miniature toothpaste in the room, and they never do, so I have to go out and buy it. The Hyatt House had toothpaste. Obviously, this is a very small detail, but it shows they care about the details.

The weak link is the breakfast. There were two weddings with their guests there the weekend we were there, so it was very crowded, and the staff couldn't keep up with the demand on food. If you're looking at the hotel for a wedding, it seems like having a private room for breakfast would be the way to go.

Overall, a great hotel with an excellent price point. We made the right decision booking here for our wedding.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 20, 2012

In CT on biz. Picked this because of Trip Advisor comments on where to avoid and good places.

Not quite a Residence Inn (standard bearer for me on this type place) but ok. Rooms adequate, just everything together isn't as comfortable as a diff design with seperations.

Clean, check. Neat/tidy, check. Bar, check. No on site restaurant that I could find. There is a bar and guess you can get light stuff there, but otherwise local restaurants deliver. There are several chains near by---Chili's is in the next parking lot---if you like Chili's.

Beds were so so. TV large screen and nice---no YES station and for CT and Yankee fans, that is a mortal sin. No extra charge for Wi-Fi.

Kitchen area functional, refrigerator worked and made ice...etc

OK, not great but ok.

Oh, noise abatement not great---didn't hear much from rooms but kids in the halls very discernable...oh well.

I'd stay again if there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Patrick201
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Very nice modern hotel. nice alternative to the usal Courtyard or HGI. Nice staff and much better breakfast than most places.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2012

The name of this hotel is now Hyatt House. My husband and I went for our 5 year wedding anniversary to just get away. We drove an hour from home just to spend one night at this hotel. We stayed at this hotel when it was Hotel Sierra and we just loved this hotel. There aren't many hotels in CT that are as nice as this hotel. You get the best for a good price.The staff here is absolutely spectacular!! My husband had mentioned over the telephone that it was our annivesary and when we got there they had a card made out to us to wish us a happy anniversary. We were also surprised to see that we were upgraded from a king bedroom to a king bed suite. The rooms are so comfy and clean. We really enjoyed our stay and we will definetly be visiting Hyatt House in Shelton for many more occasions. I have so much to say about this hotel and how awesome it is. We got a chance to swim a little and enjoy the spa tub in the pool area. Best thing is this hotel is around so many things most are walking distance. I recommend this hotel to couples if your looking for a place to just get away and relax go to HYATT HOUSE!!! one of the most cleanest hotels I have ever been to in my LIFE!! THANK YOU to the staff and especially Mirinie, Patrick, Al, and Jeri.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2012

The name of this hotel is now Hyatt House (apparently new ownership?) My husband and I stayed at this hotel as we were attending a wedding in Shelton and this hotel was the "main base" for the wedding party and guests. We stayed for one night and it was a great experience. The day before we arrived I called to inquire about early check-in. The front desk associate I spoke to was more than friendly. She was not able to tell me when I room would be ready for the following day, but suggested I call the next morning (day of arrival to inquire). I did call that morning and by chance got the same person. She not only remembered my name, but where we were traveling from. Our room was ready by noon, and she upgraded us to a "king suite". Upon arrival we were greeted by name (very impressive customer service). Our room was a king suite: living room area, full kitchen separate bedroom with king bed, huge well eqipped bathroom and dressing area. Plus two 42 inch TV's. The room was extremely clean (I am a fanatic about hotel room cleanliness!) The bed was confortable and the bathroom was spotless!! I have NO complaints about the room. We were able to spend a bit of time in the bar area. The bartender was personable and was able to answer our questions about Shelton and the surrounding area. The hotel also has a Chili's resturant right in the parking lot - very convenient for a quick lunch before the late afternoon wedding. The hotel also has parking and a parking garage for hotel guests. The morning after the wedding (and our day of check-out) a Sunday, we took advantage of the hotel's free hot breakfast buffet. It was delicious and there was plenty of variety. Being that there were two weddings in the hotel over this weekend, we were impressed at how much food was available as they were constantly replacing and refilling items, i.e. scrambled eggs, waffles, bacon, home fries, assorted pastries and cereals. Plus they had a make your own omelet station. This was the best free breakfast buffet we have ever had at a hotel.Thought the hotel does not have its own restaurant the bar does offer a lighter fare to choose from during it's evening hours. Whether for business or pleasure we would highly recommend this hotel - and its right in the middle of everything! ENJOY!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Hilton Garden Inn Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
#4 of 6 in Shelton
Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven

Been to HYATT house Shelton? Share your experiences!