“Great hotel at a great price”

Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Cornwall, New York
“Great hotel at a great price”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I spent 2 nights here 7/27-28/13 and was quite impressed with the room, especially for such a great rate. The room was huge, with a full kitchen and was spotless. The staff were also very accommodating. It's only two quick turns off the highway and is now my lodging of choice whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Chris - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you were impressed with our hotel and with the services that we offer. Our guests love our full kitchen, and I am happy that you enjoyed that as well.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again in your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Montgomery, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at Extended Stay America for 2 days to visit a friend and though short, my experience was awesome - in comparison to my experience staying at higher-priced, 4-5 star hotels.

Service = awesome! The check-in was very quick and all the staff were accommodating. Also, the staff I met at the lobby or passed by the hallway on my way to my room (2nd floor) were polite and friendly. The rooms were spacious, dust-free, clean and odor-free. A few minutes checking out the room, I got a call from front desk asking if I am satisfied with the room and if I need anything like extra toiletries or the like! I ended up asking for the free wifi code and she gave it to me without hesitation and other questions!

Wifi = fast, free and easy to connect to! I was watching youtube, listening to pandora and writing some papers and the connection never failed!

They provide free kitchenwares (utensils, plates, pans, cups), free coffee, a huge fridge and a small counter! It was such a good deal!

It is close to a few universities, parks, public transportation and has a spacious parking area if you are driving. The location is also really safe, no construction or major roadways that has annoying traffic noise during the night - yep, I slept like a baby (oh, the pillows and sheets were clean and bed was nice and comfy!)! I will definitely go stay again if I am around town!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our top notch service and with all the amenities that we offer. Like what you said, our hotel offers the best value for the price that we offer.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I handle travel arrangements for numerous physicians who work all over the country doing locum tenens shifts. I have connections through groups and hospitals and work with a great number of people in the hospitality business... NONE of them compare to the outstanding service and accomodations we receive through Extended Stay, Shelton. Katrina Corcino, the general manager, has, on a number of occassions, saved the day for us at KPS Physician Staffing. Our doctors always are treated with great respect, rooms are clean and modern. 5 stars is not enough.
Thanks guys!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you, for posting a wonderful review of your experience at our hotel and with the staff. We are always here for you, ready to assist you in everything you need.

We always make sure that all our guests are happy and completely satisfied with their stay, and I am glad that the doctors you have sent here had the same experience.

Smithtown, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a no frills facility with great value and hospitality. The entire staff understands the meaning of "Customer Service". The manager, Julpha checked in with us many times to assure that everything was to our satisfaction. Recently remodeled, everything was bright shiny and clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Lou - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel and enjoyed the hospitality of our staff. Our staff takes pride with what they do and we always want to make sure our guests will have a "home away from home" experience.

Bridgeport, Connecticut
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I liked the extended stay. Better room per night rate than Mariott. Only thing is that there wasn't any gym or pool. So you normally had to find something to do there. They gave you a free membership down the street to the gym. They also had a grab and go breakfast that was nice. It was overall a great place to stay at. Everyone who worked there was so respect and kind towards me.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you liked your stay at our hotel. We are also glad you enjoyed the free membership to the gym and the grab-and-go breakfast we now offer.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I live in extended STAY AMERICA is very nice area in Shelton CT . Also, the service is very nice, gym is free, breakfast and internet. However, Julpha is very nice person she called us ' to ask how is everything going in extended STAY AMERICA' .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Abdul - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our nice location and friendly staff, especially Julpha. She is always very good at making our guests feel at home while at our hotel. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed the amenities that we offer including the grab-and-go breakfast, free access to a local gym and the internet.

Virginia
Reviewed May 31, 2013

There aren't many onsite amenities to speak about, but the room was very clean and roomy. The have small efficiency kitchens with full frig, 2 burner stove top, and microwave. The bathroom was clean and roomy. While the hotel does not have an onsite fitness room nor pool, they do offer free guest passes to a gym called Edge Fitness which is just up the road. The gym is excellent but does not have a pool neither. There is a free grab and go breakfast which is just coffee, muffins, apple/banana, granola bar. With all that said, compared to the price for the other hotels in the area, we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: No pool or kids activities. The hotel is pet friendly, so allergy sufferers, beware.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with what our hotel has to offer like the free access to Edge Fitness Center, the free grab and go breakfast and the convenience of a kitchenette in the room. These are just a few of the reasons why we consider ourselves the best value in this market; I'm glad to see you agree! At Extended Stay America, we offer all the basic needs and make sure that we also provide our guests with great hospitality and clean rooms.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future should your travels bring you back in our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
HYATT house Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
#4 of 6 in Shelton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford

Been to Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County? Share your experiences!