“The Staff Make This Place”

Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel has good amenities however room are just average what you would expect , the staff however are great could not do more for you , makes this average place a pleasant place to stay , if you are in the area use it

• Stayed: February 2013
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you are happy with how the hotel staff treated you during your stay. Our hotel offers the basic amenities but with great staff, we make sure that everyone's stay is pleasurable. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have stayed at Extended Stay America, Shelton, Ct. for the majority of 2012. I will be here for probably half of 2013. During my stay here the hotel has changed name & has upgraded all the rooms.
For too many years I have traveled for business and stayed at this type of hotel. This hotel stands far above the rest. Before the renovation the rooms were showing their age but the staff kept the rooms & the rest of the hotel as clean as I have ever seen any hotel.
The staff here is the best. Jack, the manager is great guy that does everything he can to make your stay here the best it can be. The young ladies that staff the front desk greet guest with a smile and do whatever it takes to make your stay here a very pleasant experience. It doesn't hurt that they are all very pretty young ladies.
For the price I don't believe you can find a better hotel for one night or for a long term stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank stockyd
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your are having great time at our hotel and experiencing a true "Home Away from Home" feeling. Thank you as well for recognizing our wonderful staff. We hope that you enjoy the remainder of your stay in Shelton, and that we can welcome you back in the future as well!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Comfy bed, clean room, big flat screen, toiletries..etc. The only problem I had was that I didn't have any hot water to take a shower in the morning. I was in a rush to leave for a funeral so I didn't really take the time to call the front desk or let them know when I was checking out. They sent me an email later on that day asking about my stay. I informed them of the hot water situation and the promptly refunded me 25% off my stay. What a nice surprise. I would definitely recommended this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you had such a great last minute stay, but am sorry that you were in town for the reason you were. Please accept our condolences on your loss. We are also sorry about the hot water issue you experienced. Thank you for letting us know about the problem, as it allowed us to take care of the situation right away when we got the message. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area, hopefully under more cheerful circumstances.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel is average, but there are some great things about it. The front desk staff is very nice, the rooms are fine. They have a small breakfast in the morning with fruit, granola bars, oatmeal, muffins and coffee. They allow smoking and pets, which is a plus. Internet is reliable, TV is small and limited channels. No shampoo or conditioner. Beds and pillows are the worst. The heat and AC units work and control temperature well. Suites have two big windows that actually open! Kitchen is a plus and stoked with a few essentials. Ice cube trays are supplied (no ice machine in hotel). Housekeeping only comes once a week for free, but the front desk will give you anything you need in between services. Bathrooms are very nice, toilets are temperamental, showers are good. Safe area and safe hotel interior. It is good for the price, but for $10 more (most nights) I would go to the Hyatt House. It is not that anything was wrong with this hotel, it is just that you can get more for your money elsewhere. They also do not have a fitness center, they give you free passes to the EDGE gym right down the road, if you are willing to drive to the gym its REALLY worth it!

Room Tip: Suites are worth the upgrade
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a such a detailed review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a great time. Thank you for your feedback on bedding ( we will work on that ) and other amenities that we just started. We do provide shampoo in the room, and also have more available at the front desk at no charge. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed 3 months. All the staff were very kind and efficient.
There was no problem they could not fix. Best thing was the attitude of staff. Always smiling. and sincere. The area was safe and secured. I would use them again as a traveling nurse. They were also very kind to my dog.

• Stayed: November 2012

I read your review, and wanted to thank you for taking a time write it. It's great to hear that you had a such a great time with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Everyone at the hotel is very pleasant and they make you feel like old friends. The new coffee bar in the morning is great and they have a good selection. We really enjoy staying here and look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is very quiet
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for such a nice review. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a pleasant night, and that you enjoyed our new grab and go breakfast. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Everything from check in to check out was great. The employees genuinely love where they work. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone!! I only wish I could of stayed there longer.It is so convenient literally off the exit I was facing it. And for what you get for the rate seems fair.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay and recognize our staff. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a great stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and others. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County
Courtyard Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
#4 of 6 in Shelton

Been to Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County? Share your experiences!