“Average with a few perks”

Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel is average, but there are some great things about it. The front desk staff is very nice, the rooms are fine. They have a small breakfast in the morning with fruit, granola bars, oatmeal, muffins and coffee. They allow smoking and pets, which is a plus. Internet is reliable, TV is small and limited channels. No shampoo or conditioner. Beds and pillows are the worst. The heat and AC units work and control temperature well. Suites have two big windows that actually open! Kitchen is a plus and stoked with a few essentials. Ice cube trays are supplied (no ice machine in hotel). Housekeeping only comes once a week for free, but the front desk will give you anything you need in between services. Bathrooms are very nice, toilets are temperamental, showers are good. Safe area and safe hotel interior. It is good for the price, but for $10 more (most nights) I would go to the Hyatt House. It is not that anything was wrong with this hotel, it is just that you can get more for your money elsewhere. They also do not have a fitness center, they give you free passes to the EDGE gym right down the road, if you are willing to drive to the gym its REALLY worth it!

Room Tip: Suites are worth the upgrade
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a such a detailed review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a great time. Thank you for your feedback on bedding ( we will work on that ) and other amenities that we just started. We do provide shampoo in the room, and also have more available at the front desk at no charge. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed 3 months. All the staff were very kind and efficient.
There was no problem they could not fix. Best thing was the attitude of staff. Always smiling. and sincere. The area was safe and secured. I would use them again as a traveling nurse. They were also very kind to my dog.

• Stayed: November 2012

I read your review, and wanted to thank you for taking a time write it. It's great to hear that you had a such a great time with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Everyone at the hotel is very pleasant and they make you feel like old friends. The new coffee bar in the morning is great and they have a good selection. We really enjoy staying here and look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is very quiet
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for such a nice review. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a pleasant night, and that you enjoyed our new grab and go breakfast. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Everything from check in to check out was great. The employees genuinely love where they work. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone!! I only wish I could of stayed there longer.It is so convenient literally off the exit I was facing it. And for what you get for the rate seems fair.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay and recognize our staff. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a great stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and others. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was on a business trip for few months to Connecticut. I feel I was lucky to choose the extended stay in Shelton. From the first day before arrival as I was lost in Connecticut confusing highways and roads, the front desk staff were very helpful and patient to guid me to the hotel. I stayed for 90 days, getting an excellent rate. Staff was always very warm and curteous. Room was spacious, clean, nice furnature. The staff was also very accomodating for any request I had, I felt it was as warm as staying at a friend or relative's place. I refer specifically to JF ( Julpha) who was very helpful and accomodating .
Location was also excellent and close to all the shops and highways.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west would be quieter and also on the third floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. It's great to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We sincerely appreciate you recognizing our staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have been staying in this hotel for three months now, and probably staying for three more at least. It has been a wonderful stay so far, and I love this place. The area is quiet and the location is great, too close to my office, with plenty of fairly-close restaurants around. Spacious rooms that were recently completely renovated and the beds are very comfortable. Everyone in the staff has been extremely friendly and helpful with me. Professional management, and very nice front desk staff; they always greet me by name with a smile on their face! The housekeeping service is excellent, and the laundry room is always clean. They also offer a convenient grab-and-go breakfast, a very good free wireless internet, and free membership to a close fitness club.

I’m starting to feel like this is home away from home!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your stay with us at Extended Stay America, Shelton, CT. Also, Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and letting everyone know that we have upgraded your stay with lot more then just a hotel room. We look forward to make your stay more enjoyable each and every day.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband is currently staying here for a few months while he works in the area. I have been visitng him for the last week. Everyone from the front desk to the housekeeping staff and maintenance men have been so friendly and helpful. The room is nice and very comfortable and is close to grocery stores and restaurants. The grab and go breakfast in the morning is very convenient and the laundry facicilties here are clean and well maintained. I love being able to get around the hotel without having to go outside. This is the perfect place to stay for both short and long visits. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

Room Tip: We are currently waiting to move into one of the newer rooms on the floor above us. There has been...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you have found our staff friendly and helpful. We always strive to make all our guests' stay here at the hotel as pleasant as possible, and we are glad that we were able to achieve that at your stay. We will make sure your new room is as good as the current room. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
#4 of 6 in Shelton
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#2 of 5 in Stratford

Been to Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County? Share your experiences!