“A True Home away from home”

Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was on a business trip for few months to Connecticut. I feel I was lucky to choose the extended stay in Shelton. From the first day before arrival as I was lost in Connecticut confusing highways and roads, the front desk staff were very helpful and patient to guid me to the hotel. I stayed for 90 days, getting an excellent rate. Staff was always very warm and curteous. Room was spacious, clean, nice furnature. The staff was also very accomodating for any request I had, I felt it was as warm as staying at a friend or relative's place. I refer specifically to JF ( Julpha) who was very helpful and accomodating .
Location was also excellent and close to all the shops and highways.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west would be quieter and also on the third floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. It's great to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We sincerely appreciate you recognizing our staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have been staying in this hotel for three months now, and probably staying for three more at least. It has been a wonderful stay so far, and I love this place. The area is quiet and the location is great, too close to my office, with plenty of fairly-close restaurants around. Spacious rooms that were recently completely renovated and the beds are very comfortable. Everyone in the staff has been extremely friendly and helpful with me. Professional management, and very nice front desk staff; they always greet me by name with a smile on their face! The housekeeping service is excellent, and the laundry room is always clean. They also offer a convenient grab-and-go breakfast, a very good free wireless internet, and free membership to a close fitness club.

I’m starting to feel like this is home away from home!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your stay with us at Extended Stay America, Shelton, CT. Also, Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and letting everyone know that we have upgraded your stay with lot more then just a hotel room. We look forward to make your stay more enjoyable each and every day.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband is currently staying here for a few months while he works in the area. I have been visitng him for the last week. Everyone from the front desk to the housekeeping staff and maintenance men have been so friendly and helpful. The room is nice and very comfortable and is close to grocery stores and restaurants. The grab and go breakfast in the morning is very convenient and the laundry facicilties here are clean and well maintained. I love being able to get around the hotel without having to go outside. This is the perfect place to stay for both short and long visits. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

Room Tip: We are currently waiting to move into one of the newer rooms on the floor above us. There has been...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you have found our staff friendly and helpful. We always strive to make all our guests' stay here at the hotel as pleasant as possible, and we are glad that we were able to achieve that at your stay. We will make sure your new room is as good as the current room. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We have returned to this hotel for the past 2 years. Our stay has always been a pleasurable experience. It is exceptionally clean and comfortable. We are always greeted with a friendly smile when we check in. Everyone is so nice, from the management,front desk,housekeeping and the maintenance. When we checked in yesterday, we as always, got a warm greeting welcomeing us back. It's like coming home, where everyone is so glad to see you!
And what a great surprise........A new name and complete renovation. Plus now they offer "grab'n go" coffee and muffins in the morning. Thank you, Nice touch!
The new colors,the bedding,the furniture and the flooring,everything, it is all so refreshing. Our room, not only, is clean(as always), it now has that new fresh clean smell. We are away from home two months every year and staying here is the next best thing to being home.
On a scale of 1-10, this hotel and staff are a "15". We have stayed at many hotels, some very high priced ones, but this is by far the best!

Room Tip: We like the rooms away from the front side because we like to open our windows and the sound of traf...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property. I am so pleased to hear that you love the complete renovation that we have done in the rooms. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Thank you for your reveiw, and for always choosing to stay with us when you travel in the area.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This has been the nicest and most helpful staff i have ever been a part of. The staff is a reflection of their management. Jack Patel, from my experience is one of or if not, the most professional GM, i have had the honor to be around. Thank you for making my stay feel like i never left home.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. It is great to hear that you had a great time staying with us. We strive to give all our guests a "home away from home" experience, and it sounds like we were able to do that for you. We always take pride of our staff, after all, all our guests deserve nothing but the best service. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Hotel rooms are nice and clean and remodeled. Best rates for stay and staff is friendly and helpful. This is definitely a place to stay long term or short term. They also offer gym facility through local fitness center with free membership..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your time to complete it. We sincerely appreciate the kind words. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your stay here at Extended Stay America, Shelton. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in early 2011 under different management and had a really good stay for 4 months. I stayed in two different Extended Stays in California for 9 months and both were OK but nothing to mention. On return here to Shelton, I noticed an immediate difference when I checked in. The facility is newly renovated with an excellent staff from management to housekeeping and maintenance.
Initially, I had an issue with the Television Network. The management group pushed the provider until my issue had been resolved and was conveying the progress to me.
I have been here 63 days now and still enjoying my stay. I highly recommend a stay here in Shelton for either work or passing through.

Thanks,

Walter Jones

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm so pleased to hear that you are having such a great experience. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to working with you each and every day. Please know that you feedback is very important to us. Once again the entire staff is very happy to hear your kind words. Thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
#4 of 6 in Shelton
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#2 of 5 in Stratford

Been to Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County? Share your experiences!