“Home away from home”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Milford, Connecticut
“Home away from home”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Unable to find work in Southern California, I was recruited for a 1 to 2 year assignment in Stratford, Connecticut. I've lived all my life in the Los Angeles area and didn't know what to expect or if I'd be able to hack the New England area.

The Homestead Suites were ideal for me. It wasn't necessarily elegant like a high end hotel, but clean and tidy like I'd like my home to be. I stayed there almost 7 months. The staff became my family away from home.

While I was there, there were two unusual weather conditions: hurricane/tropical storm Irene, that cause flooding and power outages; and an unseasonably early Nor'easter that caused more than half of Connecticut to lose power. Neither caused problems at the Homestead.

There's no room service, but there are several places that deliver food. There's a nearby gym that has free admittance to people staying at the Homestead.

If I had a complaint, it was with the Internet. It may have been a problem with my computer, but the connection speed was pretty slow.

Room Tip: I like the corner rooms in the front of the building. There are smoking and non-smoking rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Shelton - Fairfield County. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory.

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our WiFi access. Extended Stay Hotels strives to provide a stable, high-speed Internet connection at every hotel. Our networks are designed to support normal internet use, such as email, basic web-surfing, and VPN connections. Although our guests typically enjoy quick uploads and downloads, speeds are variable and can be affected by guest activity, such as streaming video and music content and online gaming. Be assured that your comments are very valuable to us as we work with our Internet providers to create a reliable online experience for all of our guests.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. I am sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed March 21, 2012

One of the best. We've stayed here for a month. The staffs are all very accommodating seeing to it that we are comfortable and that we do not have any problems in the hotel and their amenities.Even the housekeeping staff are very courteous and sensitive with the needs of their customers. The front desk personnel are gracious especially Miss Julpha and Miss Karen. I will definitely recommend homestead to my friends.Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Shelton - Fairfield County. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2012

this is an excellent place. the rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, you can't beat the price for what we received.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Shelton - Fairfield County. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed March 15, 2012

The staff at Homestead of Shelton is exceptional. I was a long-term guest and I have absolute confidence that you will find your stay there both professionally handled and courteous. Any problems encountered were corrected expeditiously. I will definitely be staying with this hotel chain again in the future. A++ Rating

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Shelton - Fairfield County. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!
Riverside, California
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for almost 2 and 1/2 years. Everyday there was enjoyable. The staff was very friendly and most helpfull. They bend over backwards to accomodate their clients. One of the staff is as great as the other. My room was clean spacious(and I've got alot of stuff) and quiet.
The location is perfect being close to freeways but not too close to have noise and congestion. There are plenty of restaurants around and shopping.
I would not hesitate to stay here another 2 and 1/2 years and then some.

Room Tip: Get a king deluxe
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Shelton - Fairfield County. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I have been in Homestead for more than 6 months... Its safe, quite and nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Shelton - Fairfield County. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.
Stratford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Our stay at Homestead Studios Suites in Shelton, CT was nothing short of amazing. From the time we arrived till the time we departed we were given only the best customer service. The rooms were great especially for the price, you can not beat it, everything was extremely clean and comfortable. The staff was phenomenal, jumping no matter what the need and creating a very comfortable and relaxed environment. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a home away from home with an excellent staff. Needless to say we will DEFINITIVELY be returning!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and heard not a peep!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
HYATT house Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
#4 of 6 in Shelton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford

Been to Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County? Share your experiences!