“Farm tripping”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Farm tripping”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I know the owners and they are just caring people. Period. They run a neat place, and if you and you family are into a orchard and berry farm visit, this one in the Ellsworth section of Sharon is a nice place t0 come see.

Visited September 2013

massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Don't Waste Your Time or Money Picking Apples”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I went to Ellsworth today to pick apples. I told the woman at the stand that I wanted Cortlands and Macintosh apples. She told me there was plenty of everything. I went to the back of the property for the Cortlands, and they didn't look good at all.....small and sickly looking. Then I went to the Macintosh aisle and saw that ALL the apples were on the ground. Many of them were getting moldy, so I didn't get any. Plus we were surrounded by gnats.....I think this may have been because of the apples all over the ground--i mean there were hundreds of apples on the ground. I think it may have been the apples that attracted the bugs because we went across the street to go into the corn maize, and we didn't come across one bug. The bugs at the orchard were so bad we had to leave. The woman at the stand said they're everywhere,
but they're not. Also bought the cider donuts, and my husband said they were terrible. Next time we're going to Great Barrington, MA for apples.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank mimiwoo4
New Haven, Connecticut
“A great family-owned farm.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Support your local famers. They have great produce and cider. They are warm people. Do visit. An overall great spot.

Visited September 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Not Worth the Trip”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My family and I decided to take a Sunday drive to Sharon for apple picking. The price was higher than quoted in the web site and the apples were terrible. I have picked apples every year most of my life, and have never seen apples in such poor condition. The teen working said they had been the victim of a hail storm and were still fine. They should have been discounted because of the damage. Also, there were so many apples on the ground that gnats were everywhere, I had to pull my sweatshirt over my head to walk around. when we returned to our car a woman who worked there came to the car to make sure we were not stealing any extra apples. We left without even stopping by the farm stand. Do not bother to make the trip.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Carol B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“No thanks”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I am not one to write reviews but I really have to for this one. I drove over an hour to meet up with friends to go apple, blueberry and pumpkin picking at Ellsworth Farm. I was appalled by how rudely we were treated by the woman as we had driven there to support THEM and THEIR farm. We had never been to this particular farm and asked how it worked and they were unusually bothered to explain their process to us. My boyfriend wanted to blueberry pick and the woman let him go and as soon as the rest of us told her we wanted to she said it wouldn't be a good idea since there weren't enough left for more than one person. As soon as my boyfriend was out of sight she told us the blueberrys were no good anyway and we didn't want them. This was only one of a few complaints and stories from that day. Unfortunately we were also overcharged. We will not be going back.

2 Thank Sara671982