“Seymour's Secret” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
West Haven, Connecticut, United States
“Seymour's Secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband and I had a delicious barbecued brisket dinner there. You have your choice of a variety of sides. We had the cole slaw - so fresh and crispy. Next time I want to try the collard greens and sweet potato apples. The wait staff is very friendly and helpful. The chef greeted us and asked how we enjoyed our dinner. I must add they also make their own barbecue sauces from different regions of the country. This is not an ordinary barbecue. The secret to making the barbecue so tender, moist and flavorful is the 12 to 18 hours of slow smoking with hickory and oak wood.

• Visited August 2014

Woodbury, Connecticut
“BBQ Done Right Did Right By Us!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

I called the Seymour store to cater an Appreciation Picnic held by the Woodbury Lions Club.
We had to feed 120 people. Dave and Bill worked closely with us and accommodated our every need. Lots of phone contact and follow-up. Nothing left to chance.
They showed up at our outdoor venue right on time and made sure that everything was perfect before leaving.

I am a pretty good BBQer in my own right, and I can tell you these guys know what they're doing.
The food was GREAT!
Cooked just right. Not a single complaint from what is normally just about the pickiest crowd you could imagine.
Thank you Uncle WIllie's!
You guys made us look like heros!!!

• Visited July 2014
Seymour, Connecticut
“Arrogant owner terrible food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I Was lured by an Amazon local coupon offer. It amounted to $12.00 off. We tried to use it too soon...fair enough so I paid full price the first time without complaining. I did get the comment that from the owner that they were "giving food away". I was paying full price without a complaint. When we brought the family sized dinner home we found that it did not contain what we paid for. The BBQ items were dry as was the corn bread. I would have had to try to make food as bad. I decided that we would try them again (more to use the stupid coupon that I also paid for) I like to give most places a second chance...nope the food was the same TERRIBLE! Please stay away.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Patrick D
Naugatuck, Connecticut
“Mouthwatering BBQ done to perfection, fresh cut fries too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Had lil' pulled pork sandwiches, they wetter we'll packed with meat.
We put our own sauce on from the for varieties they had.
We enjoyed the sweet bbq.
The meat was done just right, deliciously tender.
Fresh cut skin on fries also done quite well, delicious with vinegar/hot source blend they offered.
We also tried the honey bbq chicken fingers, yummy as well.
The fried clams special they had was good BUT overdone I don't mind then that way but my husband want talked with that.
Got to see them take a pig out of the pit too! Added bonus!
It's a bbq place and as far as that goes they have it done right!
Not sure if the process were high our not. Maybe a bit. But not many places around here quite like this one!
Good job!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Oxford
“What? No cornbread?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We ordered 2 dinners with sides. I had bbq pork with a vinegar sauce; the meat was very dry. My husband had pulled pork with the mild sauce and fared much better. The mac and cheese, cole slaw and mashed potatos were good. We were supposed to get cornbread but I guess they forgot it. I thought it was a bit pricey at $27.00 for takeout--no drinks.

• Visited November 2013