“Disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Seymour B&B and Inns
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I recently attended an out-of-state wedding at this Inn and, for the sake of convenience, decided to stay the night here. The wedding venue was very nice but our room was sorely lacking. There was a hair on the wall of the shower, hairs on the pillowcases and a bloodstain on one pillowcase! The mattress was uncomfortable and the general condition of the room was cheap.

• Stayed January 2014
6 Thank reezroo
Tony M, Owner at Inn at Villa Bianca, responded to this review, November 13, 2015
I know this is from last year, but as I'm just now getting active on TripAdvisor I wanted to get back to you.i'm so sorry about the condition of your room. Our rooms should always be spotless. We've actually done a lot of updates to the Inn, so I hope that you'll consider seeing the new improvements.

Best,
Tony M., Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Norwalk, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Food is absolutely terrible, venue parking is a mess if they have a large party and terrible service. My husband's company has the holiday party here each year and it's just worse each year. I would never be able to recommend this venue to anyone for a special event.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank northernlights40

Travelers are raving about these Seymour hotels

East Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We guarantee that all the services that will b provided will be first class, and nothing less. all the staff has been replaced from the top to bottom including a new DJ, that will be the one in charge of the music, and he has a premium some system with many years of experience, and a large variety of music, with a very nice lazer light set up as well. also the DJ is an accomplished musicain and will be perfroming live. So where as there has been some problems with insufficient accommodations in the past I assure you this will not be the case anylonger.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Norm141
Maplewood, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

First off this wasn't my wedding but a very good friends wedding. I called the day before the actual event to see it I could get a room at the venue so I could drink and enjoy myself without worrying. First off the staff is friendly, but that is the only reason this place gets 2 stars and not just one. First off they were about to send another group of guests to the penthouse cause 'the bride wasn't getting ready there'. I had to inform them that she was most certainly on her way and the whole bridal party was getting ready there as well. Strike 1
The hallways/stairwells smell like pee and must. I finally haul everything up the three flights of stairs and get into my room which had a giant wasp sitting on the bed when I walked in. After killing the wasp with my hairspray I inspected the room more, the glass in the window didn't fit so there was a random 1 inch gap between the glass and the window pane, hence the wasp. There were stains on the carpet, a label on the ad unit saying it was last inspected in 2004, rips in the outdated wallpaper, and a dead moth in one of the drawers. It also looked like the cleaning staff didn't completely pick up before I checked in as there were soap wrappers on the floor and trash in the tear age can in the bathroom. I went back to my car to get flip flops cause it just felt dirty to walk on the carpet barefoot. Dirty outdated rooms, strike 2.
Finally got ready and ready to go the the wedding, and seeing as how there were no signs at all i had to ask where to go and how to get there. Either way you take it you have to walk down a ridiculously steep hill to get to the chapel or to the outside ceremony, women beware take it slow or grab onto someone for help. Once seated for the ceremony and waiting a group of about 40 people just wandered up, turns out they were there for a rehearsal for the wedding held the next night and we all quickly realized the venue double booked the space, well thankfully the other party was understanding and they were to rehearse in the chapel instead. The wedding ceremony itself was wonderful, but that was due to the pastor and the couple planning that part than anything the venue did. They also didn't have enough chairs out and guest had to stand since the staff only brought more chairs for one more row for each side. Strike 3
Now for the reception, my table never got rolls, even though we gave our choice to the bride when we RSVPd the waiter still asked, they were still hanging decorations when we walked in so there was a ladder in the middle of the reception, they didn't set up all the reception cards the way the bride asked, and they only had one bartender. The food itself was not good at all. No one really enjoyed their meals, and to top it off our table never got cake either.
After the villa arranged for a large group of us to go to a bar down the street, I was with the bride and groom, we were assured they would pick us back up... Yeah limo never came, thankfully we had a friend that drove ther and drove us back with a few trips. By time we got back, the limo was parked and staff was gone. I was in the lobby looking for some to talk to about all of this but no staff in sight, I did see the other limo pull up and went to talk to him, Eddie was very friendly and very apologetic. All in all I don't think I would suggest this venue at all, friendly staff does not make up for the overall lack of quality.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Indira S
Glastonbury, CT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed here out of convenience because we were attending a wedding reception at this venue. The hallways and rooms smell awful, l can only describe it as old and musty. There was no TV (the TV was there but the cable box had no connecting cord, the staff told me they did not have a cord for it). The groom said that there was no hot water in the bridal suite. They could not use the whirlpool and he had to take a cold shower. There are speakers all over the bridal suite walls but they do not work. The staff was nice, but there is no one at the hotel 24 hours so be sure to get all the ice or extra towels you need because once they are gone you are on your own. The food at the reception was just okay. The bride and groom said that they paid for top shelf liquor but the bar didn't have anything better than Smirnoff. I feel we were ripped off having to pay $135 for an uncomfortable room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jessica S
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

We are from out of town and booked a room for two nights so that we could stay close to our best friend's wedding. When we got to the Villa Bianca things started to go wrong the moment we stepped in the door. We had to wait 20 minutes to even check in. We were exhausted from our drive and just wanted to settle in so we didn't mind, but when we got into the room the shower was clogged, the internet and cable T.V. did not work (and never did), and after waiting for 45 minutes for the ice we were offered we finally decided to call the front office only to find that the phone does not even work!!!

The staff has nobody in the office before 10am, sometimes later, and they leave shortly after midnight, so checkout is impossible unless done at the last minute. We got a discount rate for our friends wedding being held at the Villa Bianca, but still ended up paying $132 per night. We are usually OK with staying at places like this, but for $132 we feel completely taken advantage of.

Oh and one more thing, the room's windows are taped up with scotch tape at the top and bottom, and over the 2 nights we were there after taking 3 showers the room started to stink really bad because of the terrible ventilation.

The very next day after the wedding reception - which was held at the Villa Bianca - we tried to call the office from our cell phone just to get a fresh towel and some angry man who was half awake answered the phone with and coughed then mumbled into the phone, "hello?" and then hung up on us. We called back several times before finally reaching him again from my girl friend's cell phone and all he had to say was we should have got clean towels when we booked the room and that nobody would be around to help for another hour. Mind you this was an hour and a half before check in so that left us no time to do anything.

There was also a plastic ripped sheet on the bed that crinkled all night long. The bed is hard as a rock also. There were huge rips in the carpet, as well as big stains everywhere. See the pictures I attached to this review...

Another noteworthy thing is that the honeymoon suite's balcony is super tiny and the view is... of the expansive rooftops at villa bianca, which are just dirt ugly. People were staring at us from behind as we tried to hang out and enjoy ourselves there. We found cigarette butts and a corona bottle in the planters.

I'm sorry Villa Bianca but your hotel is one of the worst hotel experiences we've ever had. If they offer to give us a large portion of our money back and apologize I will gladly change my review to 3 stars.

Room Tip: If you don't mind paying 30-50 dollars a night, then it is OK. Do NOT let them charge you more...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank Seth W
Seymour, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

We had our wedding back in 1999. i know it's a long time ago but evertime I have been to Villa Bianca I have had a wonderful time. This time it was for my wedding and here is were the story gets great. Our photographer did not show due to car trouble and we had no formal photographer. Our maitre d was kind enough to tell everyone about our predicament and had everyone use the table cameras we supplied to take our wedding pictures. The wife of a friend who is a camera buff also took some great shots. The maitre d also went to another function and found a professional photographer to take some high quality pictures for us. We also had the room upstairs in th Inn after our wedding and my friend tried to come and get us to go out for awhile sinnce we were finished around 6pm. the maitre d did not allow him near our room until he knocked on our door and checked with us first. I forgot to say this is after we were rear ended in the limo right outside the place. My wife wanted to hike up her gown and beat the crap out the people the hit us. All in all, if Villa Bianca is anything close to what they were in 1999, bo and have your wedding there.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Smitwood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seymour
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Hilton Garden Inn Shelton
Hampton Inn Waterbury
Hampton Inn Waterbury
#1 of 8 in Waterbury

Been to Inn at Villa Bianca? Share your experiences!