“If you don't know how to make bouillabaisse don't put it on the menu.”
Review of Stone's Throw

Stone's Throw
Ranked #9 of 54 Restaurants in Seymour
Reviewed September 30, 2018

I ate there with a relative who was familiar with the place and likes it. I was surprised to see my favorite French seafood soup on the menu and based on the description decided to try it. It was fine, except 1. It was almost all shrimp and mussels, 2. Some pieces of fish were strong, 3. All the fish was overcooked and rubbery 4., There was no saffron, 5. There as no fennel and 6 It was loaded with lemon juice. Even if you called it an American fish soup, it was still AWFUL.

The other people I was with seemed to like their food and then service was good.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank David R

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

After a satisfactory visit a couple of weeks ago we encountered. A real disappointment on our recent visit. While We had very nice service we couldn’t really believe the poor quality of the lamb burger or even the basic classic burger. The pork nachos, always a favorite, were appealing to the eye but had an ingredient change that was strange to the taste. The explanation was that they were trying to change the cheese to eliminate a melting problem. Bottom line would be they need to tighten up the extensive menu and work on quality of some basic items.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Wonderful little restaurant along the shore of the Housatonic river. We love taking a cruise there in our Chevelle and enjoying a nice meal with a view. The Watermelon Martini is great! They have live music last night which was Wonderfull! We ate off the bar menu but the dinner menu looked better.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

As a member of their club I got a coupon for a free entree in my birthday month, and they also used the member card to save 15%. We had a great meal, the lobster bisque was superb and Alex our waiter couldn’t have done a nicer job. So glad it is close and we joined the club, club also gets you free cooking classes as well as the discount each time!

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I've been here so many times, sometimes for drinks, sometimes for dinner, sometimes for lunch. I recently tried he fried clam sandwich. It was really tasty, but not at all what I was expecting. And, just not enough clams in my opinion. The wait staff was really nice. I'm not sure why they don't let people outdoors who just want a drink after a certain time, say 8:30 or 9:00 pm. It's disappointing - especially on a Friday night when no one else it out there dining!

Date of visit: July 2018