“Just Alright”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Our recent experience wasn't as bad as some of these reviews but it really wasn't that great. The menu selection was painfully limited and even at that they couldn't deliver. I ordered the flat iron steak and eventually the owner came and told me they were out of the steaks but I could order a a strip, ribeye or tenderloin at the same price. So I ordered a strip steak and got a ribeye! The owner usually is friendly enough but he is the most slovenly dressed restauranteur I have ever seen. I think he would serve his staff and patrons better by staying out of sight if he can only dress in grungy yard work clothes. It's a good place for lunches especially on a nice day when you can sit outside. However if you are going for dinner I would look elsewhere.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

First few visits were really pleasant! The food started going down hill; but, sitting outside was nice and the service was fun. Something happened mid summer!!! The place bombed and the other reviews back this up. I took my daughter for lunch to the Grille, everything was bad. The waitress was miserable, no Splenda for my iced tea, bread was cold, the sandwich was gross, salad was gushy, etc. and then we saw all the dead bugs in the window...grossssss!! I stood up and told the manager that the food was gross, I wasn't paying for it and we were leaving...when I told him why, he agreed with everything I said...weird. Seriously, if I saw the bugs, we never would have gone inside.

1  Thank TinaTina F
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stopped on a weekend afternoon, were greeted by a man who said nothing but showed us to a booth and left without a word. The waitress was a bit more friendly but not by much. My husband ordered a scallop appetizer & lobster mac/cheese. I was not that hungry and ordered a cobb salad. The food was excellent, however both of my husbands plates came at the same time which meant his mac/cheese ($16) had a chance to cool down a good bit. My salad came several minutes later. I finally told him to start without me while I waited. I'd like to say the food was served but it was set down on the table, period. Had the scallops ($10) actually been Jumbo Sea Scallops which was stated on the menu, four would have been plenty. The mac/cheese was cool when he ate it as it sat there and was a few small pieces of lobster and a small serving of macaroni in a nice sauce. We felt that was a very high price for very small servings of both items. The cobb salad ($8)was a good size and quite delicious. The decor was quite pleasant with pictures of colonial Newtown and very tastefully done. It appeared fairly clean but the table had a sticky feel to it which turned me off. It takes very little time and effort to clean a table properly, add a smile with the service and offer just a bit larger serving size. As this place turns over regularly, we look forward to new management who value the customer experience.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We went here because we bought the Groupon they were offering. When we got there, we decided to wait for a table on the back deck, so we went to sit at the bar and grab a drink. I asked for a Pinot Grigio, and the bartender finshed pouring one bottle, opened another which was a different kind/brand, and filled my glass! Now, I dont know what you do behind the scenes, but if I'm watching you pour my drink, don't use two different brands/bottles right in front of me! Once we were seated, service was slow, and the food to come out was even slower. We definitely waited over an hour for our food. And, when we got it, it was not good! Mine came with no sauce and was missing 2 out of the 4 listed ingrediants on the menu (plate was $27), and my husband said his was not very good at all (fish tacos - $22).

The only nice thing about the place was the back deck by the river...

Reviewed June 30, 2012

My wife and I took our daughter here for dinner earlier in the week as we had a Groupon voucher which was set to expire. Overall it's a nice place, as other reviewers have pointed out the restaurant has changed hands several times in recent years and is housed in what used to be a general store / corner shop. At 5.30pm the place was quiet, lots of space so choosing where to sit was no problem. My wife had the Very Berry Salad and then the Honey Muzard Grilled Salmon - she loved both . .. I had the Chop Salad and then a BYOB Burger. Very attentive server who answered our questions and double checked some of the ingredients in the dishes that my wife chose. We left around 7pm and it was starting to fill up.