“Was escorted out the door”
Review of Country Bistro

Country Bistro
Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
New York, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Was escorted out the door”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I arrived looking forward to cocktail time at the bistro and stood by the "Please wait to be seated sign" politely. I was greeted by a woman who questioned my purpose of being there, asked if my car was parked in the parking lot, and when I said I was hoping to just sit and have something to eat, was asked if I was going to use the bathroom before doing so, since she thought maybe that was the true purpose of me "standing here." Once I stated again that I was just hoping to get a bite to eat, she welcomed me with sarcastic arms into the seating area, at which point I declined, clearly picking up her signals. I was shocked to see her nudge me out the door and close the door behind me. I am appalled and am saddened that I could not enjoy what appeared to be a great restaurant. Some people baffle me.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank ssyun

Dagsboro, Delaware
“Simply Outstanding”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Located in what looks to be a house on a side street in Salisbury, Connecticut, this little restaurant shares space at the very top of our short list for the best place to eat honors. The menu is different than anything you will see anywhere else! Wraps, salads, entrees of a unique character and all of it so very good. I had the Moroccan meat casserole and experienced a delicious taste never before imagined. We have always gone here for lunch but now they offer dinner over the weekends. Popularity tends to fill up the tables which are squeezed rather tightly together but the culinary delights and surprises are well worth being a little cramped. Outdoor tables are available and while the view is not of sweeping vistas, the image of the cutest New England town you could ever hope for is right there for the taking. They have catering and take-out and the service is always top-notch. Good food takes a while to prepare and the crowds of happy diners can get in the way a little so don't be in a hurry, relax, enjoy the decor, and your patience will be well rewarded. Also its not expensive! Try the salad sampler where you get to chose smaller portions of three different salads, all of them unique and tasty.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Ted S
CT
“DELIGHTFUL!”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

A delightful atmosphere with food to match. The daily breakfast and lunch are delicious as are the weekend dinners. Staff always has a smile. The outdoor terraces are filled with flowers and herbs grown for use in the restaurant and are a great place to have a al fresco meal. They even have full cocktail service.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank 2fewdaysafield
Palm Beach, Florida
“great place”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

we go out of our way to have lunch at the country bistro. good food, home made soups, delicious desserts and very convivial atmosphere. no wonder this place is so popular with the locals.

• Visited April 2012
New York
“How did we miss it for so long?”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We've lived in the area for three years and have come and gone to other shops in Salisbury. We've seen the Bistro but never stopped. Last weekend we did for breakfast and we were blown away by the space, the service and the food. Today we tried the lunch with equal results and now can't wait to go on a night they have dinner.

The menu is wonderful in scope and delivery. I'd love to meet the chef or the creator of this varied fare, today at lunch from Africa to American comfort. The desserts were great and the baked goods we will make sure to sample next visit. We've found our great cozy place for breakfast and other times and it seems, as they say on their website, most who visit "they know your name" to steal a line from Cheers.

• Visited February 2012