“Go for the Deck, and time for the tides”

Rowayton Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Rowayton
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2014

A beautiful sunset setting, a deck overlooking Five Mile River, sailboats bobbing nearby...but check the tide charts. Take into consideration the other comments here: park a few blocks away and enjoy the walk. The inside bar is intimate, but seats only a few. Warm staff.

1  Thank WorldSki

Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband and I were visiting a friend who is new to Connecticut and wanted to take her out a nice seafood dinner. After doing some research, we decided to go to this establishment, and what a great decision it was! We were promptly seated and attended to by a great server who was knowledgable and friendly. Presentation of the food was as beautiful as it was delicious and perfectly timed. My lobster was the best lobster I have ever eaten out and worth every penny. Although I have to say I was a bit a shocked at its price tag. All in all, we had a great meal and will be returning in the near future!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We went with friends to this restaurant on a Tuesday night. It was packed. We had the good fortune of being seated next to a window with a spectacular view. We had the bad fortune of being seated next to a table of stock brokers whooping it up. The tables are very close together and they were a table of 6 or 8, I can't remember. Not being from the area, I guess it's a testament to the restaurant that on a Tuesday night they were packed. The food was expensive. I can't remember the market price but if I wanted a dozen oysters, it was going to be in the $30+ range. Because the restaurant was packed, it took a while to get our food. But once we got it, it was very good. View and food, great. Ambiance and price, not so good.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

This is a lovely place on the water. Valet parking at lunchtime should warn you about the price of dining. The food was fabulous, the service servicable.

2  Thank Thomas G
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal recently on Saturday night with two friends who live locally and it was busy and hopping. Tuna tartare was truly large and excellent. The lobster bisque was just right not too creamy lots of lobster very nice. What topped it for me was the outstanding clam bellies. My wife had steamers that were delicious not too big just the right size. And my friends wife had muscles that were delicious. His fish was very good also. I would return just plan on it being crowded but it's worth the wait. But book early.