“Wonderful family runs this business!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Howard Johnson Express Inn - Rocky Hill

Howard Johnson Express Inn - Rocky Hill
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Rocky Hill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Middletown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

The location was perfect and had easy access to major highways. There were some major chain restaurants across the street (i.e. Chili's.) Everything was very clean. The free breakfast was great and included many options. The dining area was very nice as well. The owners were some of the warmest most hospitable people we've come across in our travels. They went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Clay, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

When visiting family in Connecticut, we always stay at the Rocky Hill Howard Johnson Express. This facility is well run - clean rooms; good selection of breakfast items; friendly and attentive manager/owner; outstanding service and great rates. We also like having internet access and a refrigerator in the room. Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lehi, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

My job has me on the road a lot. I have stayed in Hotels all over the US. In the last month I stayed here for 3 weeks straight. Everything was great. Room was always very clean. Staff is great. The manager/owner is great. Very helpful and he would always make sure that I was happy and very helpful. He has gone above and beyond working with me when I would need to check out and check back in. Which has no happened a few times. He always makes sure the breakfast is fresh. Won't ever put out to much food at one time because he doesn't want it to sit for to long. Every time I go back to CT. I won't stay anywhere else. Not just because the rooms are nice and comfortable. Which they are. More because of the staff was so nice, personable, and accommodating. I would also recommend it to friends or family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SOUTH SALEM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stay at this "HoJo's" a few times a year, when in the area with friends. We used to stay at another hotel nearby, but have found that Hojo's is our favorite because the price is reasonable, the rooms are very clean, and the management is always welcoming and attentive. I like that there is a refrigerator in each room and that there is no extra charge for WiFi. A continental breakfast is included, which is always fresh. The manager usually checks in with us at breakfast to see if everything has been all right during our visit. It is a comfortable place that my friends and I look forward to staying at each time we are in the area, which is 4-5 weekends a year.

Room Tip: I've stayed in a few of the rooms and all are fine. Some have been renovated, but all are in go...