“Nice place, convenient location.”

Sheraton Hartford South Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rocky Hill
Milton, Ontario, Canada
“Nice place, convenient location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Updated decor, quiet rooms, heavenly beds. What impressed me the most was the HEALTHY options on the menu. Lots of vegetarian options. Location is good, right off of the highway, but very quiet, surrounded by trees.
Room for improvement: oatmeal was the worst ever (steel cut oats should not be wallpaper paste)
and
I appreciate how the staff would follow up after room service with a phone call to make sure that everything was ok, however, I was often eating late and off to bed, so the phone call would come as I was falling asleep.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Wanda S, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your feedback on the oatmeal, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We hope to see you again very soon.

SHS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. Plenty of parking (although not covered). Infused water and snacks when you walk in, friendly staff, large and clean rooms. Convenient charging stations and the most comfortable beds. I will certainly be coming back enough though it's not the most convenient hotel for me when I travel to work in downtown Hartford, it's worth it. I get a smoothie delivered to my room in the morning and they have a great selection of healthy food for dinner.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelingConsultantW
Manager3806, Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Traveler Consultant W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such positive feeback. We take online reviews very seriously and this level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences.

Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed here for a several day seminar also held at the hotel. The hotel was clean and provided the basic necessities which is what we were looking for. Hotel staff were very nice and one particular bartender gave us a good tip about pre-ordering lunch during the seminar. We had one very minor glitch with the TV which the hotel corrected very quickly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Eloyri

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. We recently have undergone an extensive renovation and we are glad to see that our efforts were worth it.

See you nect time,

Providence
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Booked huge group for soccer tournament. Was assured that our family would get upgrade as we're spg platinum members. Even called last week again to confirm. At check in we got a no- and are now in a room with no sleep (can hear everything in hallways), blood stains on floor - gross!

Stayed April 2014
Manager3806, Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Tanja,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest Program and for writing a review about your stay. I appreciate the comments that you have shared as a business traveler and we certainly look forward to your return.

Stratford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

This hotel reminded me of a dial tone...cause it was OFF the hook!

Pros: It's fine as all get out to look at. Their water is so NOT basic, it's always bathin' in fruit. The rooms are TOO clean, I feel like if I sneeze David Caruso is gonna walk in and start labeling the spots my DNA landed like I committed a crime. ::sunglasses down:: "Looks like she thought this room was too nice for a girl like her. Well, it's snot." (Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaa!). When you walk on the carpets with no shoes on, it's so bouncy it feels like clusters of Whos from Whoville on dandelions are crowd surfing your feet to the ice machine. The pillows and bed are mad wavy, if someone could look me in the eye and say they couldn't lay on that bed for 45 minutes not catch at least one wink, I'd slap lie out of their mouth...figuratively. Even their hot tub has a handicap lift: RESPECT.

Cons: How is it McDonalds got free wifi and y'all can't figure that out? These are the people that put ammonia in meat cause they're too lazy to not buy sick cows and I can still send a SnapChat of my McNuggets from my iPod for FREE.99?! There's free internet in the lobby, but do you really wanna see my morose derriere in ill-fitting underwear watching Netflix at 2AM next to the reception desk? Get your #2 pencil, the answer's NO!

Room Tip: Rooms closest to the pool area offer the best view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TACLYO
Dear TACKLIO,

Sourthern New England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

We have been stayed there once a year for a conference over the years. The hotel room as always is very nice. The staff is very pleasant and professional. I was greeted by not only the front desk with pleasant Good Evening, or Good Morning but the housekeeping staff and the maintenance staff as well. The room was spotless .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear JBAKUS,

Thank you very much for your review. We take online reviews very seriously and we are glad to see that you and your family had a great experience at Sheraton Hartford South.

Hillsboro, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very nice. The heavenly bed, clean, quiet rooms and good location were all complemented by a very good staff. I only have two minor remarks:

Firstly, there are complimentary snacks available at the bar but I didn't realize it until my fifth and final night. One has to ask; they're not automatically given out.

Secondly, watch out for the elevators! The doors open explosively, and before the car has settled into position. They need some serious readjustment. Surprisingly, this was news to the front desk personnel who were otherwise great to deal with. In fact, all the staff were a joy.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Tom,

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. We will be working on making sure all features and ammenities at the hotel are clearly explained in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocky Hill
Radisson Hotel Cromwell
#2 of 4 in Cromwell
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Rocky Hill

Been to Sheraton Hartford South Hotel? Share your experiences!