“Nice, clean and comfortable”

Sheraton Hartford South Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rocky Hill
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently for a Youth Bowling event and everything about this hotel was very good! The beds are very comfortable, the overall grounds of the hotel are well kept. I used the restaurant for a take out sandwich and the service was fine. The lounge area is bright and airy. Didn't use the pool but many of the kids in our group had a great time. The only thing that could make this hotel a little better would be interactive choices in your room. There were no in-room movies. They do provide Internet access at an additional fee which we used with no problems. The staff could have been a bit more friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Manager3806, Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Dondo,

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels.

We will investigate more in depth friendliness of our staff, so we can offer a high level of friendliness from our ambassadors at front desk

SHS

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Rooms were new and nice as described herein. I stayed on a Coke promotion, and the hotel did not have the promotion materials. They were going to send it to me in a couple of days, but weeks later, nothing. Also, incorrectly charged for internet; called the hotel twice and left messages - no reply. Staying in a hotel should not be this hard. Finally, I specifically picked the club floor because I was told that there were no dogs allowed on that floor, but sure enough, there were dogs allowed on the floor.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Fontaine

Dear Gerald,

We apologize that at the time of your reservation we ran out of the COKE promo items. This was national shortage that affected several properties .This past week we started to recieve the materials. We sent our first bacth of back order items on Friday

You should be getting your in the next few days.

Once again my apologies,

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Sheraton recently acquired the facility from Marriott. They gave it an entire face lift. It is clean and The staff to say the least was not very polite to say the least. At 4:35 P.M. one day my room had still not been made up. I informed the front desk and was told housekeeping would be there until 6:00 P.M. The reply bordered on being rude. House cleaning did not clean the coffee pot out or the maker even when the pot was left at the sink. While I may have to go back there it will not be by choice. I expected more from a hotel of this quality.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Manager3806, Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet the expectations that previous Sheraton Hotels have provided for you. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future. Thank you for your comments about guest service agent. We will investigate this further, as I would appreciate the chance to prevent similar events from occurring.

If you have any further questions or comments, please let us know.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I just checked out of this hotel yesterday. I was there for an event. Although I found the hotel to be nice, clean and the beds comfortable I do have to warn about "holds" put on cards. I was told upon check-in that because I used a debit card, there would be an extra $100 hold to which I agreed and had no problem with. When I logged into my bank this morning, I see they put a $300+ hold on the account PLUS another $199+ hold. I did not agree to this amount nor was I informed about the excessive hold amount. Although the staff is friendly in email conversations about this hold, I won't be able to get it released for about a week or so. So, buyer beware and budget for an extra $300-$400 on your account (debit or credit) when staying at Sheraton.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tracy D

Dear Tracy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future. Thank you for your comments about Debit Card authorization. we will be working to ensure this information is provide in a more clear fashion going forward.

If you have any further questions or comments, please let me know.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

It keeps happening at hotels lately. They fill up because they schedule an affair or event. This one was the Statewide convention for the American Legion. You were filled for the weekend of 7.12 to 7.14. We stayed on the club floor as SPG members (they have a nice club room with nice staff in it and very nice food service for breakfast-take advantage of it if you are an SPG member).
We arrived Friday evening and wanted to simply eat in the restaurant in house. There were people milling around all over because of the convention-fine with us...we just wanted to eat dinner. Problem arises when you book out your hotel and you leave ONE guy running the bar and playing waiter to the restaurant on a Friday evening. This poor guy did everything he could to take care of people and was running from one end to another...poor guy was sweating trying to wait on everyone. You let him down...you failed to bring in enough people knowing you had all these guests. That is a major management failure not his and we knew it. Unfortunately when you have that situation and he drops the bowl of clam chowder ($9.00) and has to run off as quick as he has been and I take my first spoon and its ICE COLD...it took 10 minutes before he was close enough to say "you need to heat this"...for him to come back and say "your dinner is cooked and ready what do you want me to do?"...
The rooms are very nicely updated. The lobby is clean, inviting and open. The staff seemed to be well trained on "guest" service. The problem is...you failed to plan...you might not have planned to fail...but your failure to plan on staffing knowing your guest count left us unfortunately very stuck on our impression here.
Worst part...after all that at dinner...he didn't even offer to take the cost of the soup off the bill! I wish you luck with your re-do but you need to spend time on management training for having enough staff on hand if you are going to continue to host conventions etc so that your non-convention guests are still taken care of.

Room Tip: SPG club floor is worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager3806, Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Thank you for the great feedback you have provided. This level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences. The restaurant service troubles you encountered during your stay are not typical, and I regret that you were unable to fully enjoy our food and service. Your comments help us to prevent similar events from re-occurring.

Again, thank you for your time and comments and we are looking forward to welcome you back.

If you have any further questions or comments, please let us know.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed there in the past when it was the Marriott but prefer it now as a Sheraton.
Nice rooms, clean, nice staff, lobby looks great. The Club level breakfast was very generous.
Overall would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager3806, Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear So Cal Family,

Thank you for such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. We recently have undergone an extensive renovation and we are glad to see that our efforts were worth it.

Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This hotel changed hands about a year ago - both the lady and I have stayed there when it was a Marriott - and now a Sheraton. Beautiful decorations throughout. Nice lobby, nice in rooms. Staff was friendly. We have not tried the bar yet - but the menu was pricey [wines all >$10 per glass]. No restaurants nearby - you will need a car. Located right off interstate

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Morgan,

We are thrilled that youn deiced to saty with us after the Brand change. We appretiated all positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels.

Looking forward to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocky Hill
Inn at Middletown
Inn at Middletown
#1 of 3 in Middletown
Super 8 Hartford South - Rocky Hill

Been to Sheraton Hartford South Hotel? Share your experiences!