“Great Staff.....New Owners Are Taking Advantage of Us!!!”

Sheraton Hartford South Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rocky Hill
Tampa, Florida
“Great Staff.....New Owners Are Taking Advantage of Us!!!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for well over a year. It was a Marriott until this past August. The staff is wonderful. All are professional,friendly,empowered and aim to please. Because of the people I continue to return. The hotel will undergo a muti-million dollar renovation in the months to come.

I have an issue with the pricing of room service which of course is out of the staff's hands. In fact, I am insulted by it. The hotel charges several dollars more per item for anything ordered from room service than they do if you go downstairs to order in the restaurant. In addition, they charge $5.00 for delivery and 21% service charge. This could double the cost of an order. Think about it. A $12.00 order plus $5.00 for delivery plus tax plus service charge. You are now paying over $20.00 for that turkey sandwich!!!!! I am not stupid, I guess the new owners think that we are quite ignorant not to notice this type of rate increase. I feel like I am being raped monetarilly each time. Breakfast no longer includes coffee so they will hit you up for $4-$6 more for the caffeine boost. They like to tell you that the orange juice is fresh squeezed so therefore they charge $5.00 per glass!!!! Have they lost their mind? First off, any individual with half a brain knows that it is not fresh and I can buy a gallon of juice for that price. We are being raped financially. It is appualling in my opinion. This leaves a bad taste in my mouth each time I return. I am looking around for other options because of this. As much as I like the staff this type of price gouging will cause me to seek other pastures. New Owners wake up the parking lot is empty. The old regulars talk about this and refuse to be taken advantage of. You have done nothing to encourage loyalty from the ghosts that used to haunt the hallways. The only thing that may keep one to linger is the staff from the past and that only goes so far.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cesar F, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future. Thank you for your comments about your concern with some of our food and beverage items – we would like to be able to addressed this immediately, as we are ready to open the new restaurant and lounge at the Hotel.
Once again thank you for taking the time to review the Sheraton Hartford South

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Riverside, California
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The standard rooms are very nice and this is an ideal location for a sheraton property. The service lives up to the brand and the breakfast is superb. For the business traveler, the lounge is also terrific with friendly staff and long hours. You can still get a hot snack up until 10pm. This property looks like a great place to host a company event as well. If you are coming here from points south on a weekday afternoon, recommend avoiding NYC traffic by coming up 287 and winding your way across to 691 then 91.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager3806, Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. We recently have undergone an extensive renovation and we are glad to see that our efforts were worth it.

Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Boston, MA
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My family and I visited Lake Compounce over the weekend and used this hotel for lodging accomodations. We checked in on 8/11/12 - 8/12/12. Our first impression was good, knowing that it was a Sheraton hotel everything should be great. We checked into a double bed room and realized the rooms are a bit too small for my liking, however, they were clean. Breakfast was wonderful, especially the omlette station.

However, I do want to point out this experience. Maybe I am biased, but we noticed that the hotel was holding an event (pool party, dancing, etc) for a social club called "Amply Beautiful". Most of the people there were "very heavy set" women who mingled with a few men. My kids begged me to allow them to use the small indoor pool which we did. To my surprise, the pool was occupied by several of these large ladies. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with that, but the pool was filthy. It needed to tested and treated with chlorine due to the murkiness and dirty film on top of the water. I constantly had to remind my kids not to swallow the water yet at the same time my wife kept reminding me to take the kids out. I did not know whether to laugh or cry at the situation.

Overall, I had a positive experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DarrelF
Wanda S, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2017
Dear Darrel,
Thank you for your review. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Warm Regards,
Radisson Hotel Cromwell
#2 of 4 in Cromwell
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Rocky Hill

Been to Sheraton Hartford South Hotel? Share your experiences!