“Be prepared to wait.. and wait.. and wait..”
Review of Shad Row

Shad Row
Ranked #9 of 75 Restaurants in Rocky Hill
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Good location, beautiful view.. expanded seating as well as menu from what it previously was. The wait for service was very long.. from the time we waited for a table, sat down, and had to go and get my own menu (other tables had their's brought to them, although not sure how long they had been there) to the time our server finally got around to taking our order... way, way, way too long. then waiting for the food to come out.. even longer. Recognizing that this is not fast food.. I was prepared for a reasonable wait time. From the time we sat down to the time the food was served.. at least an hour had elapsed. The order was not completely correct, but I had waited long enough and was hungry so didn't complain. I didn't want to risk another 45 minutes. Food was ok.. the others in my small group seemed ok with their choices. I'm not sure how long the food had been sitting in the serving window, as it certainly was not hot. The prices are noticeably higher than the previous owner.. which in concept I would not mind paying.. if the food was really good, and if the table service was acceptable. There were not that many tables to attend to that warranted that poor of service. Next time, I'll go the window and try to get mine to go, vs. wait for poor service again. I'll repost again, if things improve.. Good luck dining there!!

2  Thank Susan D

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch on a Saturday afternoon at 1:30 - the food took a long time and was not right at first - roll was soggy - seevice was non existent - had to ask for drinks food took over a half an hour an then had to ask for the check after 15 minutes - this used to be a great place - now very expensive and not worth it.

1  Thank sharronwyg
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stopped by on a Friday night. New owner has fixed up place - added firepit, etc. Fun to watch all the activity on the river.

2  Thank emwin
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stopped by for lunch after a friend suggested it. Wow what a surprise from what was there before. Had a wonderful lunch with friends on a perfect day. The food was great and the service was even better. Got to meet and talk with the owner, really nice person. If you get a chance to do yourself a favor and stop by for lunch. worth the trip .

1  Thank Jaguar002
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Service was very slow. Took a long time for the entrees. Took about as long for the dessert. I asked my husband if they were acutally baking the cake. The wait staff seemed scattered and disorganized. Kept having a different waiter for various things. Same was true first time we went. But we were offered apologies and a free cocktail for our troubles. Not this time. I'll give it one more chance because the food and ambiance are very good.

Been to Shad Row? Share your experiences!