“Old time dining”

Dining options: Reservations
Wellfleet, Massachusetts
“Old time dining”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I remember Chuck's from my youth as a high end place. While my experiences have expanded, I did enjoy my meal this visit.

It started with a fine salad bar. I loved the warm bread.

I had the New York Strip. It was done just the way I liked it. The Baked Scallops was also delightful.

I thought the service was outstanding. Our server was pleasant knowledgeable and very helpful with our order.

The table where we sat was just outside of the restrooms which had a lot of traffic. It was also fairly dark. In the future, I would ask for a table in the front with a lot more glass windows to let in light.

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“over priced steak house”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have been going to Chucks since I was a kid and it has become way too expensive for the quality of what you get and now the charge for the salad bar which they claim they lowered their price of the food. I don't see myself going back

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Robert R
Connecticut
“Go for the King Crab Legs”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We've been here a few times and with other couples and it's always consistent. Definitely a family Resturant and the lines can get long since the prices are family friendly.
Pretty good salad bar, drinks are ok but the best thing is their Alaskan King Crab Legs.
I don't eat them but my wife and our friends all rave about them and always order them.
Their steaks are just so so.
Get there early as they tend to run out of the legs and their mashed potatoes which are very good too.
So, don't expect the ritz, the place hasn't changed since the 70's

newington, ct
“price change”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

we went here tonight - evidently there has been a price change - as of recently, there is a $4.00 charge for the salad bar - so, one pays 25.00 for a steak - and then if you want the salad bar, $4.00 extra - also, if you want broccoli, there is another $1.00, sweet potato, another dollar - - there is a list of things that cost $1.00 extra - come on!!! the waitress said they reduced their prices $4.00 - and that's why the charge for the salad bar - plus all the other extra charges - food was ok - just don't like all the gimmicks and extra charges - won't be back

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank paris87
So. Windsor, CT
“Surprisingly Meh”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Surprisingly Meh

As longtime residents of the Greater Hartford area, we used to look forward to occasional trips to Chuck’s Steak House in Rocky Hill. The menu, mostly beef, was simple and straightforward; the cost reasonable, the service and ambiance reliably good. We recently went back after an absence of several years, and were sorry to find that it hadn’t aged well. The dim lighting didn’t add to its charm; it only made the menu hard to read. Despite a paucity of patrons, service was slow and sluggish. They used to have one of the best salad bars around, but on this night a lot of the offerings were well past their prime. One of us ordered teriyaki sirloin (pretty good), the other ordered crab cakes from their much-expanded seafood menu. The cakes were bland, way too heavy on the breadcrumbs, and singularly devoid of crab meat. The tab didn’t break the bank—most of the entries run between $18 and $25—but it was no great bargain either. All in all: a disappointment.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank RGinCT

Been to Chuck's Steak House? Share your experiences!