“great for group of twelve”
Review of Gallo Nero - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gallo Nero
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed December 18, 2013

First time there, many friends have been before and had all good things to say, everyone was vary happy with food and service.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I used this restaurant for a recent insurance agency meeting (staff meeting). We needed a location as our office in the state isn't ready yet. The restaurant isn't even open in the AM, but they came in for us and opened up the dining area to our group of 25. They provided a continental breakfast and made sure we didn't feel rushed when our meeting ran over and the restaurant was about to open. Very accommodating, all food was fresh and the staff was really great. They had one exceptionally nice lady going around offering fresh coffee to us at intervals through the meeting. Really great and if their standard lunch/dinner food is as good as their service then I would definitely recommend them for an outing!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Whoever said this is not a great place must be the local competition. I was in town for an athletic state finals at the local high school and was referred here by a local resident. I found the restaurant to be a top quality establishment. The staff were absolutely wonderful. The restaurant was very clean and welcoming. In talking to the staff, I understand this is a family owned and operated restaurant and it felt that way....warm and friendly. The food was excellent, from the soup to the main courses. Everyone in my group said they would definitely come there again when they were in town. You will not be disappointed...

Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I dine frequently at very good restaurants. We thought we would try it for lunch as we passed thru the area. It was this italian spot or Panera Bread, and have a quick meal. We would take our chances. We were given a friendly welcome to a clean and attractive family restaurant. But there was something very nice and special about the atmosphere. The menu was a perfect "appetizer" in that it made you want everything on it. Fresh linens were on all the tables and a most delicious light warm bread with a special roasted garlic butter was served. We had the creamy red pepper soup to start and my husband had the pear salad. Our adorable and well-trained server suggested we have it with the best huge grilled scallops ever (we live in Mystic area, so that says something). My husband was in heaven. Presentation was artistic. I had a gorgeous bison burger, which was made the way a hamburger should be made. Our selections were not traditional Italian, but they felt Italian with savory undertones. Tiramisu finished off a delicious dining experience. You were mindful of the quality and care of the ingredients. It was special.
We did not look at the wine list or order wine, so we cannot address that, but it appeared they had a very nice traditional bar.

My only suggestion for the owners is to please filter the water. But please don't change that menu one bit! I'm coming back!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Ordered their special, they were out(even thou it was 530& there were 4 couples in restaurant) I got pizza. I could have gotten a better frozen pizza. AWFUL! Service poor. Staff not equipped for customers& especially for problems. DO NOT GO HERE

1  Thank Beatrice A