Tripadvisor
Rocky Hill
Post
Inbox
Search

“Always a pleasure, with a bang ”

Ming Dynasty Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 77 Restaurants in Rocky Hill
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Always a pleasure to enjoy good food. I have been a customer for many years and I will continue to give them my business. My mother and I tried something new. The roasted pork and shrimp egg foo young are the best that my mom has ever had, and she's had many egg foo young dishes, but this one is the best after not eating egg foo young for years she gets back into it with the best. I tried something new, the Vietnamese shaken beef, been wanting to give it a shot ;It was right on the mark. Anyone who hasn't had this needs to try this dish asap. I love this place and I will always be a loyal customer (and yes they know me by name).

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (62)

Reviewed September 12, 2019

This has been our "go-to" Chinese restaurant for 30+ years. It always met our expectations. We arrived this past week and noticed upgraded window treatments (a good sign) and asked if there was a change in ownership. The answer was yes. We ordered soup (fine) then had two dishes that we're sub-par - completely dried out BBQ ribs and a no-flavor noodle dish. Even the fried noodles served at the table were different and not the wonderful, crispy noodles that used to be served.
The only compliment would be the servers were lovely and the service was prompt.
We're truly sad to see a new chef does not having the skills in the kitchen that the previous chef had.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 7, 2019

We have been coming here since it opened (years ago). I am recognized as a regular. Food is excellent and prices are very reasonable. We have tried numerous meals and have not been disappointed. A true gem in the neighborhood.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

This place was a gem until the owner sold it to a family member . After that the food wasn’t the same . The service wasn’t the same . The place didn’t feel clean the prices seemed high . The new owner got rid of the old cook as some of the old recipes that made Ming dynasty food good . After a year and a half my family and I went there and I must say it has improved .

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Place clean, nicely cool and fantastic dinner! Great fried pork rice!!! Try it. You’ll be happy too!

Date of visit: August 2018