“Our Family's Favorite”

Ming Dynasty Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 69 Restaurants in Rocky Hill
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 9, 2008

I'm surprised to read some bad reviews about Ming Dynasty. I have tried many restaurants hot and sour soup and Ming Dynastys is hands down my favorite. Our family always returns to Ming after we've tried someplace different. If you had a bad experience then something was very wrong that day...go back and try again...the staff are friendly and the food is great.

1  Thank Maireadsully

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Overpriced, subpar chinese food.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 7, 2007

mall-like food

Reviewed November 10, 2007

I chose this restaurant for my sister's birthday based on the other reviews. We had special won ton soup, which was fairly good - at least it wasn't salty, a common problem. My sister's choice of beef with mushrooms was quite bland, and the beef had the texture of being overtenderized, but the meal was edible. My Kung Pao chicken had to be returned to the kitchen. The "chicken" was mostly gristle and fat. Because I was still hungry after just sharing my sister's meal instead of having a dish of my own, I ordered orange sherbet for dessert. The price was only one dollar - but the quality was correspondingly low. Very artificial tasting - only ate a few spoonfuls.

Reviewed January 22, 2007

Ming Dynasty has been a mainstay in Rocky Hill for over 30 years for Chinese food. Nothing has even come close to the quality, quantity or convenience of this restaurant. Be it take-out (our favorite) or eat-in, the experience is wonderful. The restaurant is located just a block north of Exit 24 in Rocky Hill and left of the entrance to a small shopping center for Stop and Shop and Walmat. As a 30+ year dining establishment, residents from Rocky Hill and Wethersfield have always enjoyed this place. Our family loves their take-out menu, which is so quick that you barely have time to get off the phone and into the car before it is ready. The true test, as my head chef uncle used to say, is how many cars or people are waiting when you arrive-they are sometimes waiting out the door. If you are looking for Chinese in Rocky Hill or Wethersfield, Ming Dynasty is THE place.

1  Thank irex482