“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was anxious to try Tomasso's new venture, Bravo. I was disappointed. He still doesn't get the fact that people don't want to wait an incredibly long time for their food. Pasta dishes were overpriced a little and the simpler wines were also overpriced, although the house wines by the glass were reasonable.
Decor was nice, but the restrooms could use a little dressing up.
Food is always good so I hope this will sestain him this time. probably a B- .

2  Thank r z

Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We've eaten at Bravo twice since it opened. The service is relaxed and unhurried like an Italian ristorante in Florence. The atmosphere is pleasant and quiet.

We began with a mixed salad (a la carte) that was pretty big. We have a test for salads at upscale restaurants. If there is a larger balance of green lettuce to iceberg, we've started out on the right foot. At first glance we were not pleased. Not much green. We did find some fennel cut into the mix though. Two pieces of mostly good tomatoes (my wife had one piece that was going soft). Not even one slice of cuke or olive in the mix.

Both entres arrived hot and the sauces in each were tasty. My wife had an eggplant ,greens and chicken entre and I had veal with porcini mushrooms. Both the chicken and the veal were fork tender and delicious.

A shared Lemoncello dessert was a fine combination of tart and sweet.

A little more attention to the salad would make this review a full very good.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Bravo is owned by the same guy who owned Tomasso's. He sold a gift card for $100, just weeks before closing Tomasso's. When we went for dinner, we found the place had gone out of business. The purchaser of the card tracked down the owner, and was assured that he was just moving the restaurant across the street, and the new place would honor the gift card. We went last night, and were told they would only honor 1/2 the face value. Who gets to keep the $50 for free??? That isn't fair. We waited over a year for the new place to open!! He claims it is a different restaurant, so he doesn't have to honor Tommosso's cards. That is stealing!! DON'T buy gift cards from this place!!!!

3  Thank PDP_12
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We have been to Bravo every week since they opened just four weeks ago. They are doing a GREAT JOB; The food is authentic. We go out often to many places and nobody comes close to his FOOD. By the way, we had the pasta with the eggplant & fresh pomodoro and it was FANTASTIC. If you you don't like pesto why did you eat at an italian restaurant? The service is always attentive. So I really disagree with the reviewer "we had hopes". The atmosphere is cozy and friendly. So KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. THANK YOU BRAVO RISTORANTE. WE LOVE YOU.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had really high hopes for this new restaurant, anxiously watching for months as they renovated it from an old dingy bar to a pretty restaurant. Our first impression as we walked through the front door was positive. The environment was clean and it was obvious that they worked hard to make improvements. We were sat at a high top table towards the front, eager for what we were about to experience…. and then that is when it went down hill.. ..

Observations:
-The bar is located in the center of the restaurant. It is in an awkward spot because as people gather there to wait for tables they are essentially standing over you as you are eating. A definite flaw in the design of the restaurant.

-The menus that were presented to us were hand written, stained and dirty. It didn’t set a good tone. The options were was also somewhat limiting.

-The wait staff was not prepared and obviously not experienced. I felt bad for the man in the kitchen who I assume owns the place. As he was cooking he had to keep eye on the staff in the front and tell them to clear tables, seat the door etc.. Basic things that should automatically be done were ignored such as clearing dishes from tables as people finished eating appetizers or refilling water and drinks. Instead, the hostess and other support staff sat at the bar and drank wine as we waited for refills on our drinks. Why not give the waiter a hand if you have time?

-The food quality was really subpar.. it was just not anything special at all. I really didn’t enjoy my meal. To start, we were given bread without olive oil or butter.. just plain cold bread on the table. The bread was good but we couldn’t enjoy it and had to wait for what seemed like forever. When the waiter finally came back with our appetizer quite some time later I asked for olive oil and he brought it.. The appetizer we ordered was fried mozzarella and it was actually good too although really overpriced.

The main course is what needed the most help. I had a pasta dish with eggplant, ricotta and tomatoes.. it was really awful.. almost inedible. The eggplant was big unpeeled chunks some not cooked through and cold in the middle. The tomatoes were overdone and some were rotten. The dish in general was very overpowered by pesto. I hardly ate any of it.. just gross… thank goodness for the bread! My boyfriend had the chicken parmesan. It was okay but cut too thick and the sauce wasn’t all that great.

-The overall service was just awful..the waiter tried his best but just wasn't experienced and ready to be there. It was obvious he was out of his element.

We were there forever had to ask multiple times for basic things.. we had to wait for our check and the final kicker was when we asked that the chicken be wrapped. The waiter brought it back to who knows where..( we could only imagine it sitting on a counter somewhere near the dishwasher or where it could be sneezed on or tampered with.. )

As we waited and waited, we watched the waiter talking to a group of people… then going to make drinks behind the bar… pick up checks.. and take new orders all we had to wait for the chicken. When we finally got it back, we left and decided to put it in the grass outside for the animals…

How can you trust eating something that disappeared for so long? It was obviously just lack of experience from the waiter but we didn’t want to take a chance that something fell into it etc..

Bottom line is that although the place is pretty.. it was not at all enjoyable. I would never go back..

1  Thank Sunryz710