“Comfortable Stay”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rocky Hill
Winchester, United States
“Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I was in Connecticut for a wedding and stayed in this hotel 4 nights. The room was nice, the bed very comfortable. The breakfast was ok, not the best but a decent variety. The front desk was very helpful when I asked for information.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Scarsdale, New York, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stay at Hampton Inns whenever possible. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable, service courteous and accommodating, great breakfast and locations usually pleasant. We were on a business trip so the comfort and quiet of the place we stay is important. This location did not dissapoint.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
New York, NY
Reviewed November 10, 2013

As a disclaimer, I would give this hotel 2 stars based on my stay there but I'm adding the extra star because of the customer service I received after providing feedback on the hotel through the Hilton website.

We stayed here as a break in our drive from NYC to Maine and picked it based on its location off the highway. The hotel itself is a normal Hampton Inn - easy location off the highway, nice breakfast area, lobby is clean and nice. When we went to our room, all of the dresser drawers were wide open (random) and the toilet was running. We were switched to another room that reeked of smoke (I guess we were above/near a smoking room) and then got switched back to our original room (not sure how that ended up happening but I think my boyfriend offered to go back to our old room when he was downstairs). Luckily the toilet stopped running so it wasn't an issue.

I'm not sure if we just got an old room in the hotel but it definitely could use some sprucing up. I stay at Hampton Inns a lot when I travel for work and was originally surprised when they left post-it notes on the bed saying that the duvet cover and linens were changed daily. Now that I am used to seeing those ads, I was worried that I didn't see anything making this promise in the room. The duvet cover and sheets were old and ratty and the bed itself felt like a king-sized cot bed. It squeaked every time we moved and was super uncomfortable.

Again, I'm not sure if we were just in an old room or if the entire hotel is like this. By the time we switched back to the original room, we were too tired to complain about the bed and just dealt with it. After our stay, I got a survey from Hilton asking about our experience and I filled it out honestly. Within 15 minutes of submitting the survey, I got an email and a call from the hotel. The person I spoke with was extremely helpful and apologetic about our experience and proved that the 100% satisfaction guarantee that Hilton promotes is something that they take seriously. This is why I will continue to stay at Hilton hotels, including Hampton Inns, even though this particular hotel wasn't the greatest one I have stayed at.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask to be far away from their smoking rooms!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Westbury, New York
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I liked this hotel because it was literally 10 minutes from Hartford without traffic and the area had lots of great places to eat, even late at night. It's a small hotel but it's right off the highway exit and has an outdoor pool for use during the warm season. It also has a small fitness center.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank pinayangel0809
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Very great value, I stay at Hampton Inns wherever I go because of great experiences at every single one! This one was no exception. My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night and everything was awesome!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Kfritz36
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here two night for a wedding in nearby Middletown. Booked a suite and did not care for the room layout since there was no privacy between the sleeping area and seating area. Have stayed in other Hampton Inn suites with a much better setup. Breakfast was standard hotel menu in a nice area. Convenient to interstate, restaurants, etc.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Non-smoking Rooms had a musty, stale cigarette smell to them. In the morning, the toilet kept running and overflowed. I promptly went down to report the issue, and was given a lecture about not telling them soon enough. I was absolutely taken aback by the attitude of the woman at the front desk. Pretty unbelievable.

• Stayed October 2013
Melroy D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Rocky Hill, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor impression we have made. We strive to ensure every guest has an enjoyable experience through our service and amenities and we regret letting the ball drop. We have shared your comments with our team and hope you will give us another chance to show you the hospitality you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Hampton Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocky Hill
Residence Inn Hartford Rocky Hill
Super 8 Hartford South - Rocky Hill
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury
Comfort Inn Wethersfield - Hartford
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Rocky Hill
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford

Been to Hampton Inn Rocky Hill? Share your experiences!