“Day 1 of New England Trip”

Hampton Inn Rocky Hill
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rocky Hill
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Day 1 of New England Trip”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Arrived after 8pm on a Wednesday night. There was no one at the front desk and the phone was ringing off the hook. Finally this over worked young woman came running down the hall to get the phone. She was obviously flustered. After she answered the phone she apologized for not being at the front desk because she was taking care of another guest who was in their room. I guess she was the only one there. I checked in and went to my room. It was cold so I turned the heat up. It sounded like a frieght train going thru the room. I called down and the young woman changed my room to another one. It wasn't as loud but as I found out three hours later while I was sleeping it had two settings, On and Off. I could either be roasted or freeze my butt off. I went to check out the next morning and informed another woman of the problem I had. She immediately said, "If you told us when you found out we could of helped you but since you did not tell us I can't give you the 100% satisfaction." I was like "What"? I wasn't looking to get the room for free I was just informing them. Plus my company was paying for the room so how would a free night benefit me?

Place is run down and shouldn't be a Hampton.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Travelingknutcase
Melroy D, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rocky Hill, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience via TripAdvisor. We apologize for the quality of services you received during your recent stay and we have reported the noise and temperature issues you experienced with our A/C unit to our maintenance team. We will resolve the issue with our facilities team. The team member that assisted you was in training and has been coached on Hampton policies and guidelines. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you return to the area so we may better demonstrate our warm Hamptonality and the quality amenities you have come to expect from our brand.
Melroy D.
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Waterville, Maine
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My spouse and I stayed here for one night in March 2013. We had the same positive experience as previous stays. The complimentary breakfast was good except that the eggs were mediocre. The wireless internet connection was reliable and fast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Henrico, Virginia
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I booked here for a business trip as it was somewhat less than the Marriott Courtyard in nearby Cromwell; plus at Hampton breakfast is included with price of the room. Hotel is older but while not appearing to be recently redecorated is clean and well maintained. Bath is older style with smaller vanity outside of the room with toilet and tub/shower. Lighting was marginal in there but fine at the vanity. Rooms include a microwave and small fridge which is nice. Office chair was at the desk. Wireless high-speed connected fine and was a little slow at about 2.0 Mbps download speed per speedtest.net. They had a somewhat limited offering of channels but several were HD and the TV worked fine. Breakfast was usual fare, my complaints were the bananas were too green to eat any of the 3 days I was there and they didn’t have light yogurt, just regular. Really strange thing in the breakfast room was the fact that it was snowing outside and I asked the attendant to put on a local channel so we could see the weather rather than CNN which was on; they said that the lobby TV had no local channels; to save money they have only a few non-HD national channels available. Pretty cheap! The hotel had a vehicle parked outside but offers no shuttle service. If you’re stuck there without a car like I was you have only 2 restaurant choices: a very mediocre overpriced local steak house “Dakota” and the Mexican chain “On the Border” which is inexpensive and OK but very noisy…and one night of Mexican a week is enough for me. Only glitches were the fire alarm went off one evening the management said due to “someone taking a very steamy shower” [it took 20 minutes for the fire department to show up and turn the incredibly loud alarms off] and ironically we ran out of hot water one morning when I was there. Bottom line: OK but room for improvement for sure

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 30-StateTraveler
Melroy D, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rocky Hill, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while in town for your concert and for sharing feedback on your experience via TripAdvisor. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of our fire alarm going off and for our limited television channels due to the weather conditions. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one and we will use your comments as we constantly look for ways to improve your experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the improved quality stay you deserve.
Englewood, New Jersey
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the during our recent visit to Rocky Hill to meet friends to attend the recent Home Show in Hartford. The hotel has a lot of good restaurants on the area and we loved the ability to walk to On the Border for drinks and dinner. The staff is very polite and helpful.

The beds are soo comfortable in the rooms and the lobby was spacious for our group to hang out in after dinner. The hotel is truly a hidden gem and we enjoyed our time staying here. Very clean and well maintained!!

Room Tip: They serve popcorn and cookies in the evening!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cazenovia, New York
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Our family of four traveling to visit colleges. The price was awesome!! We don't spend much time in the hotel so having a very reasonable priced room is important. We also find the complimentary breakfast a huge advantage. You can go have a hot breakfast in less then 1/2 hour which saves a lot of time and money. The room was very clean and staff was friendly and very helpful. If ever in that area again this would be my first choice to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Massachusetts
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were greeted by a very pleasant receptionist and checked in very quickly. The hallways and room smelled fresh and clean. Room was very clean, bed very comfortable. My husband always brings his own pillow but he didn't need it, which is a first for him. Hotel pillows were plentiful and just right for us. It was nice to have a hot breakfast included. Much better breakfast offerings than many other hotels we've stayed at. We were just there one night to attend a conference in the area. Our room was plenty warm even without the heat on (Feb). Staff was friendly and helpful. No complaints.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
East Bay, near San Francisco
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We are not "luxury" travelers. We expect our hotels to be clean, quiet, comfortable, and with nice amenities at an affordable price. The Hampton Inn Rocky Hill was all this and more. I'd like to especially mention Jessica at the front desk, who was so lovely and helpful from the time of our booking through our departure. We stayed two nights and had no complaints whatsoever. The beds were very comfortable, the included breakfast was fine with quite a few choices, and all the many small touches (such as coffee and tea service 24/7 in the lobby) were very appreciated. One small disappointment was that the wifi was down during most of our stay. However, wifi is a "plus" and is not something we expect or can't live without. We had requested a quiet room on an upper floor, and room 222 worked well for us. Yes, we'll stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury
Comfort Inn Wethersfield - Hartford
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Rocky Hill
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford

Been to Hampton Inn Rocky Hill? Share your experiences!