“Awesome Food”
Review of Rose Kitchen

Rose Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Riverton
Reviewed March 7, 2016 via mobile

Inez is a wonderful cook from old school Italian cooking. She prepares everything fresh including the pasta. I love going to her kitchen and pick up food for my big family. I grew up in Boston with some pretty good cooks but she beats them all. Please don't tell my Italian mother she would be jealous. The best hand made raviolis, meatballs, lasagna in the world. Also she's a friendly and beautiful lady.

1  Thank John M

Reviewed July 1, 2015

Every time I go home to CT I pay a visit to Rose's Kitchen. I get two or three lasagnas (frozen) and take them home with me to St. Louis in freezer bags in my checked luggage. I'm torn between the sausage or spinach as my favorite which is why I usually get a 1/2 & 1/2 one. If you're lucky and they have them you can also get home made gnocchi as well, but they don't advertise that on the menu. It's in a very quaint town that is good for a nice walk.

3  Thank DowntownDean
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stopped by Rose's last week for the first time...... from the moment you enter the store and smell the wonderful aroma of italian sauce in the air you know you are going to eat well that night. We brought home the meat lasagna and a pint of sauce and enjoyed every bite of it. The lasagna was the best I've ever had- the pasta was perfect and the seasonings just right. Yum! Can't wait to go back and pick up a tray of lasagna for a family gathering or try another dish.

5  Thank 866SusanM866
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Enis makes the VERY BEST Lasagna around!! I have had both her meat and veggie lasagnas as well as her meatballs (the ONLY ones my 2 picky eaters will eat!!) as well as other pastas. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!! Highly recommend Rose's Kitchen!!!! Bring 2 coolers, one won't be enough once you taste her scrumptious food!!!!!!!! I have been buying from her for years!! My family bought from her and her mom when I was a child and they were in Avon!!!!!!!!

3  Thank lairdgi
Reviewed December 14, 2010

This isn't a sit down restaurant. There isn't a large variety of items. It isn't fancy. It's a kitchen, a place to obtain the finest Italian food purchased frozen to take home and enjoy. Everything is home made. The pasta is excellent. The sauces are smooth and delicious without the sharp acidity that so often mars lesser quality sauces. The cheese and meat filling is wonderful. You'll wish the owner, Inez was your grandma.

It does take some effort to get to Riverton, since it is not near a major town or city. Maximize your trip to Rose's by driving along the beautiful Farmington river and enjoying the gem that is Riverton.

5  Thank Bestiarius