“I go here for the salads and atmosphere”
Review of Baang Cafe - CLOSED

Baang Cafe
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Just off Exit 5 on I-95 North
Transit: Stamford/Riverside/Greenwich train (Metro North)
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Love this place for the variety on the menu and friendly prompt service.

Sometimes I drive right by this place and have to u-turn to come back. But it's worth the extra time in the car.

Menu offers delicious Asian-fused foods as well items such as Onion Soup and Calamari Salad.
What a great idea!
The menu might reflect the owners taste in food, and it works well.

Don't ask for the banquette by the kitchen unless you want to ask you dinner partner to repeat what they are saying every time. Too loud! However it is the perfect spot if you are going with a boring person and want something to look at while dining and an excuse not to listen to them.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

One person in the group wanted Japanese, and so Baang was recommended to us. I like sushi, but I prefer a couple of rolls and then a real meal. I was so happy when I saw on their menu poultry, red meat, and fish entrees, in addition to a selection of rolls.

I had the lamb and shared a spider roll plate with a friend. I was very happy that we chose this place, as we were at the Hyatt and it was only a 2 minute shuttle ride from the hotel.

I highly recommend as you will hit almost everyone's palate.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

Firecracker spring rolls are delicious. Tuna tartar is very good. BBQ salmon is filing. Had a great drink menu. Atmosphere a little loud.
Overall a great experience with good food. A little pricey.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 12, 2009

china grill rip-off. inferior in every way and noisey as hell...but close and that crispy spinach is good.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 22, 2008

Fried spinach is my fav, crave it all the time and you can get take out .