“Nirvana”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nyamup
Nyamup Mill Town Holiday Village
Perth, Australia
“Nirvana”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have stayed at Nyamup a few times over the past few years, it is peaceful and relaxing.
I love taking photos of the wild life and the nature trails are awesome.
I love visiting the south west while down there for the local vineyards and attractions, I think coming into winter is the best time to stay with the fire place aglow and rugged up.
What a gem.

Room Tip: The managers cottage is my preferred cottage

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Enjoyed the stay probably because there was nobody else on site. Had visits from emus, kangaroos, and multitude of colourful wrens. My partner was glued to the porch watching the wildlife. the cottage was very clean, unfortunately there was no kettle, no broom. no bikes, walk trail maps or fishing rods but we did have a resident mouse on site. We also gained a cat and dog for the two days we were there (if animals were not allowed on site where did these come from?). It was vert relaxing and peaceful. Couple Perth

Room Tip: Choose old manager cottage, cottage 1 has great views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Laraine D
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Arrived into a beautiful town for a four night stay out of the city.
Cottages are quaint and kept tidy. The beds are big and warm and the the fireplace adds to the scene. Waking up having a coffee as the emus walk up to say hello, the kangaroos arrive at night. Beautifully quiet and scenic.
Had a great week away with my partner, will definitely be back later this winter for a rugged up retreat out in the bush.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank jaxonwebb
Mandurah, Australia
Reviewed April 17, 2013

With all due respect to previous reviewers we thoroughly read the information provided by Social Living when purchasing this voucher, and went with plenty of supplies including linen, drinking water, toilet paper, DVD’s etc. What we were un-prepared for was the disgusting state of the cabin, the ants and mouldy surfaces in the kitchen, and a filthy bathroom and shower.
Also nowhere to be seen were the “two bikes per cabin” as promised, the comprehensive information booklet was non-existant, and I can only assume the fishing gear was with the imaginary bikes somewhere.
All in all a very disappointing experience. On return, management and Social Living were not interested in hearing our concerns and fobbed us off with you had “14 days to cancel after booking”.....just a thought- but how would we know any of this would not meet our expectations until after our visit...what a stupid comment!
Both entities are a disgrace to tourism.
I note there is no replies to any of the negative comments on TA, which can only mean management are certainly not keeping their finger on the pulse or don’t care about their own business.
One reviewer stated that people expect too much ... I was fully aware the cabins were remote and old (that was the appeal) but if expecting them to be clean is “expecting too much” then I’m afraid I will continue to expect too much.

4 Thank Mel9523
Perth
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I recently bought a deal through Living Social, for a 2 night stay at Nyamup Village described as the "Rottnest of the Bush". It was specified that along with the self contained cabin there would be 2 bikes, a canoe, King Trout Fishing vouchers, a comprehensive information booklet and a map of the walking trails. Can you imagine my horror after driving 3 hours and discovering infact that not one of these promised items even existed, not to mention a river that was dry! To add insult to injury the state of the cabin can only be described as "FILTHY", I wouldnt wish my worst enemy to stay in these conditions. The floor was filthy, the bathroom was filthy, the kitchen is totally overrun with ants, the crockery had to all be washed again before we could use it. There was even a layer of mold under the microwave sitting on top of the fridge. When we sat on the couch all four of us ended up scratching and had bites of some description.

The saddest part about this bad experience is the lack of concern from Living Social when I gave them feedback the following week. They do not wish to take any responsibility for their false advertising.

All in all, STAY AWAY from this village in my opinion, and NEVER use Living Social. I notice on other feedback other voucher sites were good enough to refund peoples money, this is definetly not the case with Living Social.

I have to give a one rating as a minimum I am afraid I even struggle to do that.

3 Thank Akim30
Perth
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hi everyone, we were all so afraid to go down south and stay at Nyamup after reading all those reviews. However when we got there we were just positively surprised. We had two cottages and both were fantastic. Yes they are old mill town cottages but very clean. We couldn't find any dirt not even under the beds like you usually do in other cabins. The rainwater tank was right next to each cottage plus there were already filled up bottles of rainwater in each cottage. We had blinds and and curtains, pillow and quilt covers, rainwater tank, clean kitchen and bathroom, clean floor, clean bbq, clean everything. They only think which would be great to have there are fly screens cause there are so many bugs at night.

The nature is tariffic....kangaroos, emus, Simon the caretakers cat.

The breakfast is only included in the b&b booking as far as I know. If you book a self contained cottage well than it is self contained! ;)

The caretakers are a young couple and were a great help. They gave us the bicycles and told us the history of the mill town. There is even a old cricket court.

Short....it is a lovely place to stay and to replax but if you don't like history and nature you won't like it. We will be back!

Mandurah, Australia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

With respect to other fellow TA reviewers Im sure your experience will depend on what actual cottage you are allocated.
Our "romantic getaway" was a gift and it turned out to be both embarrassing and disappointing to all concerned.
There is fine print in the documentation when booking and one shouldn't have to be subject to look for loopholes when having a break.
In larger print it stated that "enjoy a delicious continental breakfast on both days" and every cottage has a rainwater tank but you may wish to take your own water.
NO TANK, NO DRINKING WATER, NO BREAKFAST.
Signs all over the cottage telling you do's and dont's. Well the place was filthy on arrival. We had to sweep it out before we could enter. We had to sweep out and spray the walls and ceiling to get rid of the portugese worms.The utensils still had residue of food left in them from the last tenants. The bathroom basin was in an extreme state of disrepair. The outdoor chairs and table had drink residue and black mud on them. I actually have photos of the horror.

Now the B and B cottages may well be different but the self contained allocated to us should be removed from rental option as it falls well below an acceptable standard. ANY OH & S inspector would CONDEM this place.
We tried to contact "someone" while we were there to see if we could have another cottage or something but there is no one on site and no message can be left. How then, when it states "any unruly behaviour and you will be asked to leave, BY WHOM? there is no one there!!!!
The setting is good, the possibilities are there, but the management really need to take pride in what they are doing.
You should not have to check every little detail PRIOR to booking in and per chance you are confident in your booking then make sure you have everything as the nearest supplies are 20 km away. There isnt any emergency goods available on site.
The statement of Kangaroos,Emus Birds and Rabbits is true.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Nyamup Mill Town Holiday Village? Share your experiences!