“Hibachi Cook not personality”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Mannen Restaurant

Mannen Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 98 Restaurants in Ridgefield
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Hibachi Cook not personality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I went here for a dinner last night and the Hibachi chef had no personality and made the experience very boring. I felt as if we were more entertained by talking to who was there with the group at our table then we were by the hibachi chef. The food was great but the worst hibachi chef I've ever experienced. Highly recommend the chefs at the Newtown location, Toros!!

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank KallyR

Connecticut
“Re and Great Portionsasonable Prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I met some friends for dinner at this restaurant. It's a great half way point from our respective homes, and this was our first time eating here. We will certainly be back after the great meals we had. We did 3 of the 4 meals family style, and they were all your regular Chinese food dishes. I had a combo meal: filet mignon and shrimp. This meal wasn't as condusive to passing around, but it was delicious, as was all the food. This is an "Asian" style restaurant, so you can get Thai and Japanese dishes as well. There is a full bar and seating was comfortable with boothes and tables.

• Visited February 2013
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Sushi, Chinese/Japanese Fusion, Hibachi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Recently completely redesigned and refitted, Mannen now offers a full Hibachi experience for those who want a show with their dinner. For those who just want a quieter, sit-down experience, the dining room is separate and boasts both Chinese and Japanese menus along with a very adept Sushi chef and his staff offering a variety of standard and creative Maki and hand rolls. There is also seating at the Sushi Bar for those who like the more traditional way of ordering their sushi. Mannen has a bull bar offering with hot and cold Saki and an assortment of Chinese, Japanese and Domestic beers. The owners are always there to greet regulars and new comers and the wait staff is friendly and attentive and you can often see them stop to chat with regulars, the category we fit into, if the opportunity presents itself. If you are bringing a group be sure to call ahead for reservations, the place will be packed on weekends.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank revrpb619
New Fairfield, ct
“Been here a hundred times...always good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

i have been to Mannen easily a hundred times and finally figured I would write a review. I remember when it first opened as a Japanese restaurant. Since then they have expanded to be a broader Asian Fusion restaurant and recently created a hibatchi section.

My teen age son has acquired a sushi habit from these guys and my other son religiously orders the sesame noodles. All the dishes are quite good. English is a bit choppy but always great service.

• Visited July 2012
Cannes, France
“Quiet sushi stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

Service here was excellent and the sushi very good, although I usually order the same dish regardless of the sushi place, some tuna sushi pieces and a spicy tempura shrimp roll, hiroshima rolls at some places. The dining room is quiet and relaxing. They have teppanyaki tables, but I have not tried them yet.

Visited April 2012