“Charming Inn, Charming Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of West Lane Inn

West Lane Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ridgefield
West Lane Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Ridgefield B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, CA
“Charming Inn, Charming Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2009

Stayed here for a wedding over Memorial Day weekend and couldn't have been happier. Quiet, comfortable and accommodating. Beautiful setting and excellently appointed rooms (If you don't mind the "flower" factor. I don't, my husband does.) Great breakfast, served on the gorgeous porch in good weather, which is a great spot to gather with friends for a drink or just to relax. Plus, Ridgefield is a lovely (albeit a bit precious) little town with some great restaurants and shops and a surprisingly good modern art museum. We enjoyed our stay here and would definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank saucyredhead

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Parsipanny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2009

I've stayed at all of the area's hotels and Inns and this is by far and away the very best value. As a 20 year hotel executive, I can attest that this is one of the cleanest and best run establishments around. The management team is very friendly, the linnens and beds top notch and the breakfasts superb. Highly reccommended - me and my wife have returned several times both alone and with our four daughters.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank njgeoff
Windsor, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2007

Mostly the West Lane Inn was very good. Reservations were handled efficiently, and check in was easy. The room was as advertised on the website; it was cheerful, well furnished and exceptionally clean. This was the main thing I was interested in.
I want to mention a couple of shortcomings that would have our
stay more pleasant. First, for the room rate was, there should
have been a basket of upscale cosmetics. All we got was two
bars of Neutragena Soap. Fortunately I had packed and emergency bottle of shampoo. Secondly the complimentary
Continental breakfast was kind of parsimonius. What was
served was doled out by the kitchen staff, It was kind of sparse,
and no seconds were offered. We had to ask for refills on coffee.
Third, a small quibble. When I booked rooms by phone for my
wife and me and for the Best Man and his fiance, I stated that I
was father of the groom. Since most, if not all of the guests had
booked as part of a wedding at the adjacent Bernard's Restaurant, I thought a simple "I hope you enjoy the wedding"
would have nice. This was missing, as was "congratulations
on your son's marriage." Except for these shortcomings, especially the first two, I would have rated the West Lane Inn
excellent rather than just above average.

• Liked — Bright cheerful CLEAN
  • Disliked — Lack of cosmetic basket and parsimonious Continental breakfast
  • Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank Lovetostayeat
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2007

My fiancee' and I had the opportunity to stay at the West Lane Inn in Ridgefied CT over the recent Easter weekend. Knowing Ridgefield's reputation as a quaint New England town (though only a stone's throw from the NY state border), we expected this Inn to exude the warmth and charm associated with such a rustic setting. What we got was something more akin to a cold slap in the face.

The room itself was clean but lacked the intimacy we had expected. There was a fireplace but the furnishings were arranged such that we were unable to fully enjoy it, located as it was in a corner parallel to one of the queen-aized beds instead of in the sitting area at the suite's opposite end. The 13" TV was visible only from one of the beds, which itself was located far enough from the TV to cause one to have to squint to see the screen.

The Inn's website boasts that a continental breakfast is offered, but implies that muffins and coffee cake are plenitful and that eggs are available. The breakfast, served at separate tables instead of in a dining room, actually consisted of a 6 oz glass of OJ, a piece of coffee cake and a mini-blueberry muffin. Whie we didn't dare ask for seconds, we had to specifically request decaffinated coffee, refills of which were offered only in a hesitant fashion. If you wanted eggs, sausage links and toast, there was an extra charge, as if $200 a night should not at least include a normal breakfast!

The innkeeper, though efficient, had little, if any personality , and lacked social graces to the point that we had to ask her name and make it a point to tell her ours. By her actions, she made it clear that financial remuneration, not her visitors' comforts, was her chief concern.

Overall, it was a disappointing experience. Other B & B's we have frequented treated us as honored guests in their homes, allowing us to mingle with fellow traverlers at the dining room table over a hearty breakfast. Nothing about West Lane Inn made us feel differently than if we had stayed at an impersonal hotel, where we would have expected to have been treated as a mere numerical component of their bottom line.

• Stayed April 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank PrinceZak2
Ann Arbor, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2005

My husband and I went back to CT as a birthday treat in late October. We flew into White Plains and drove Rt. 35 into Ridgefield--it could not have been more beautiful! The inn is quite nice we actually stayed in two rooms: the one with the fireplace was supposed to be the premier room and it was nice, however when we moved upstairs to the double the next night I would say it was even more comfortable and spacious. The REAL highlight though is the proximity to the restaurant next door: Bernard's. It was like having Lutece at your doorstep -- OUTSTANDING!

2 Thank Springhurst
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2004

I've stayed here three times since 1979. It is simply one of the best hotels/inns I've ever stayed at. The rooms are large and comfortable, the furnishings are of the highest quality, and the decor is country/colonial yet fresh and professional. Continental breakfast is served either on the quiet patio in front of the inn or in the lovely dining room. A lot of business travelers stay here because of its proximity to NYC. In a word the place is gracious. Ridgefield, an hour's drive or train ride from NYC, is a beautiful, well-to-do small town filled with huge homes and winding, tree-lined streets. I'm usually somewhat critical of the lodgings I stay at, but there is absolutely nothing negative to report about this place. Even the prices are reasonable. Go and enjoy!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgefield
Ethan Allen Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk
Residence Inn Danbury
Residence Inn Danbury
#9 of 15 in Danbury

Been to West Lane Inn? Share your experiences!