“I had high hopes”

Add it.
So Good Vegan Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Food Evolution is a new way of eating. We are a cutting edge, gourmet restaurant featuring highly creative, beautifully presented, delicious meals that are made from 100% plant based ingredients. We offer an all organic wine list and a full bar featuring beers on tap and fabulous seasonal specialty cocktails! Vegetarians and vegans love us, but so do our loyal omnivore customers who appreciate that our food is good for people, animals, and the environment!
CT
“I had high hopes”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Gee I wanted to fall in love with this place. A fresh new offering in Ridgefield. Not another upscale Italian or burger place.
Well what a disappointment. Food was ok - mine was not served hot enough but it was tasty and my companion enjoyed her sandwich.
My biggest disappointment was with the wine. I ordered a glass of wine - it was $12 (I think the lowest priced offering was $10) Anyway I got about 2 1/2 inches of wine - I do not consider that a GLASS. I guess the owner is hoping patrons will order up another since the first was so unsatisfactory a portion. It really left me unhappy and I cannot see myself returning. It leaves one feeling ripped off and like one is not in an establishment full of fun and hospitality.
I must say that there was only us and one other party in the place at around 7 pm so they are obviously looking for revenue. I do not see So Good Café making a go of it.

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank sbfrost

Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Wonderful flavors”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I've had the white bean chili and the So Good burger. Both very tasty, with wonderful spices. Very comfortable, contemporary, casual atmosphere. I will enjoy returning.

Visited April 2014
“How Good? So Good!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Had a mid afternoon snack here with a friend-- The Sauvignon Blanc was $10 a glass, the smoked Tofu and Asian Slaw Crystal rolls with peanut dipping sauce was $11, and the Artisanal Cheese Plate with house made and Treeeline vegan cheeses was $12. Everything was delicious--and the service was solicitous. The decor was serene. Great place to bring a vegan and/or GF friend. They'll make any of the sandwiches with GF bread. Presentation of the food was creative. Portions were small for the prices, but everything was tasty, and I would never worry about cross contamination because the staff was so knowledgeable and conscientious.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank oliver57
Danbury CT
“Healthy and tasty”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

First time to a vegan place and we will return. The mixed root salad was crunchy and delicious. My husband had the Vietnamese sandwich and loved it! Only complaint is that $3.50 for a cup of American coffee is pushing it!

Nice decor--they certainly upgraded from the prior business.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Danburymomma
Danbury, Connecticut
“Loved the food and service, but not the prices”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I eat out frequently and usually in higher end restaurants that are more willing to accommodate the fact that I am vegan. Needless to say, I was SO excited when So Good Vegan Cafe opened, especially in that it is not far from where I live.

The owners did a nice job renovating what was a much less inviting atmosphere (formerly "Bayou"). The decor is warm and welcoming. The fireplace adds a really nice touch. It separates the bar area from the restaurant area, not that it really matters, as it is a pleasurable experience no matter where you sit.

The food is excellent, as is the service. The prices, however, are steep. And, this is coming from someone who dines out often and regularly spends $50 or more for a nice meal (with my husband). We shared one appetizer, smoked tofu Asian rolls. It was one roll, cut in half, and it was $11. I get something very similar at our favorite Thai restaurant, but it is less than half the price. To be fair, it was very flavorful. However, between and the wine at $12 for one glass and the prices on some menu items, I felt almost taken advantage of.

The Reuben sandwich was DELICIOUS, and it was fairly priced for all the work that went into it. I hear the mac n cheese is phenomenal, but, it is $15 or $16, which is also quite high.

I would go back as they have food I love and can't find elsewhere. I had planned to make it my "go to favorite," but I just won't be able to do that. We spent $60 on one drink each, one appetizer (shared) and one sandwich (shared). This is more than what I spend on twice the amount of food elsewhere.

• Visited March 2014