“Where do I start? How about HORRENDOUS. And then some theft.”

Days Inn Ridgefield
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ridgefield
Eagle Rock, California, United States
“Where do I start? How about HORRENDOUS. And then some theft.”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

What a mistake it was to stay here. After checking in, I drove around the back of the building to the entrance nearest my room. Be prepared for this - immediately after opening the door, your next step is the first step of the staircase. Not the easiest passage to navigate when you're carrying a suitcase or two. When I got to the room, it was hot, humid, and smelled horrendous (almost like jheri curl). I immediately went to the front desk to request a new room, and was given the room directly across the hall. This one at least didn't stink, and wasn't 114 degrees inside. When I left the room, I realized that the door to my former room wouldn't close unless you pulled it closed quite forcefully. I ensured the door to my new room was secure, and left to prepare for my wedding. When I came back that night, the door to my old room was STILL open. Two days later when I checked out, the door was STILL open. Nice job, Days Inn. Here's the kicker - I mentioned previously that I was preparing for my WEDDING. My last night there was the evening of my rehearsal dinner, where I was given an envelope with cash, which I of course counted that night. I woke up the next morning, went to bring my suitcase to my vehicle, check out, and when I returned to my room to pick up my last few items, I found the cleaning lady exiting my room quite briskly. I didn't think much of it until I got to the bank later that morning and discovered that the envelope with my cash gift was now missing $20.

Do your self a favor and drive one mile up the road and stay at the Stonehenge Inn. It's cleaner (read: doesn't look like an east LA housing project inside), and it won't cost your more than $20 more to stay at a place that is orders of magnitude nicer of a place, and has an amazing restaurant on site.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
west orange, New Jersey
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We needed a place to stay for one night which was close to my sister who lives in Connecticut. Our room was fine and the bed was comfortable. We stayed the night before a holiday and this motel was close and included coffee and a continental breakfast to grab while we checked out the next morning.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank heidipony
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Reviewed December 20, 2011

this is nice clean , quite hotel. rooms are large, clean ,quite.good location for us.also rest is very good,we like to stay again and again.when we will be in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank amrat3349
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Stayed here for three nights due to power outage. This was the only hotel in the area with openings. Now I know why. Hotel is on main road so tends to be noisy. Bathroom was the worst with dirty moldy shower curtain and bathtub. Towels look like they need to be bleached. Cheap heating system, hard to control temperature so you either are hot or cold. Wallpaper peeling off the walls.
If you are coming to this area, try and get a hotel in Danbury instead. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Janet B

Travelers are raving about these Ridgefield hotels

Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Need I say more? The manager was not fresh but very curt, though his wife (an architect by trade) was delightful and more than fair. I had a problem with the price as well, but it was fixed. I thought it was a little expensive.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Anna B
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 18, 2011

My Mom and I were attending a concert at the Ridgefield Theater. The man checking us in was gruff, rude, and on his cell phone the entire time. When I questioned the receipt which was just a small credit card lump sum receipt and not a hotel receipt, he berated me for not telling them the room was for two people (my Mom and I). Frankly I don't even recall being asked when I made the reservation, but I did ask for two beds. For some reason only 1 appeared on the reservation, and my confirmation did not contain the number of people at all. There were numerous other disgusting things about the room itself, but I don't have enough space.

• Stayed March 2011
3 Thank Shea60763
nyc
Reviewed October 16, 2010

yup. bed bugs. woke up to 'em feasting away on my thigh. found more under the mattress. Called the front desk, the lady manager denied my seeing them (orwelian moment in east asia). you have been warned. (good indian restaurant downstairs, fwiw)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank ahabNyc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgefield
Ethan Allen Hotel
Residence Inn Danbury
#9 of 15 in Danbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury
Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford

Been to Days Inn Ridgefield? Share your experiences!