“We love this place!..”
Review of Bernard's

Bernard's
Reserve with OpenTable
Bernard's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 102 Restaurants in Ridgefield
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 35
Transit: CT Branchville/NY Katonah
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I love this place!..it is real gem!..When I have dear friends of mine visiting me from Europe I always take them there!..Never disappointed!..Excellent meals and service!..

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We decided to have Christmas Eve dinner at Bernard's, and I must say it was one of the worst restaurant experiences we have ever had. The dining room is tired, and in desperate need of an update; frankly it resembles an assisted -living dining room complete with poorly prepared staff, tired table linens and table ware, store-arranged flowers, and authentic geriatric cuisine! All this for 75.00 a person without drinks . Our evening cost just over 450.00 for two adults, one teen, and one senior. In addition, valet service was rude, ill- prepared, and confirmed a hideous evening out.

2  Thank Ctwoma
Reviewed November 20, 2013

After reading the reviews for this restaurant, we made a reservation for four on Saturday evening at 6:30. We were the first to be seated in a room with no ambiance, and a large mural depicting some monkeys. We ordered our wine and then our dinner. By then the room had filled and our wine arrived. The waiters, who were very polite brought a choice of three types of rolls and eventually each of us was given a very delicious but tiny hors d'oeuvre. We waited and waited and after two more rolls had been served and at least an hour had gone by our first course finally arrived! The six oysters were luscious and the soup edible. The clock ticked on. We waited for about another hour and refused the offer of a fourth roll. We jokingly noticed that no one else in the room had any food either except their roll and their hors d'oeuvre allotment. When our main course arrived, it was less than desirable. My tough, sinewy steak went home for the neighbor's dog, and the other entrees were also only partially eaten. Afraid to order dessert, we paid the bill and got up to leave. It was now 9:15 and we realized that the other ??? "Diners"??? in the room still had no food. All you saw were white tablecloths, glasses, silverware and people trying to remain cheerful. As I walked out of the room I thought I saw those monkeys laughing at us!!!! We never before have given an evaluation of a restaurant, however, because of the many favorable reviews that have been given, we want others to be aware of our disappointing experience.

2  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was looking for a place in the area to have bruch with my cousin. I did read several good reviews and thought it would be worth trying Bernard's out. The restuarant is set in a house and beautifully (and tastefully) decorated - which absolutely lends itself to that homey, relaxed, upscale-ish feel. My cousin had the Scallop Rosace Vegetable Slaw, Cherry Tomatoes, Avocado, & Carrots, Ginger Dressing to start. The scallop was perfectly cooked and the warmth of the scallop mixed with the coolness of the other ingredients was delicious. I had the Bernard’s Duck Egg Casserole, Potatoes, Mushrooms, Onions & Haricots Verts & Crispy Duck Leg Confit as my entree. How decadent is dipping chunks of the confit into the yolk of the duck egg...seriously? I would highly recommend this restaurant for brunch - and looking forward to going back for dinner.

1  Thank Dana C
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We have eaten here and many other restaurants in Ridgefield, and neighboring communities and this has always been the best restaurant in a wide area. I was surprised not to see it listed as number one. It clearly is the best of them all!! We often go here for romantic dinners. The ambiance is tops with beautiful decor and a peaceful atmosphere without the loudness found in most other restaurants in the area. Food is wonderful, fresh and beautifully presented by attentive staff who watch from afar to allow you the feel of privacy. Bernard and Sarah are local to the community and you can see they bring care to their offerings. I could eat here every week. Well done!!