“Elegant restaurant with classic French food”
Review of Bernard's

Bernard's
Reserve with OpenTable
Bernard's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 98 Restaurants in Ridgefield
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 35
Transit: CT Branchville/NY Katonah
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Elegant restaurant with classic French food”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We had lovely dinner on Saturday -- restaurant was full and the wait staff was good (not great, but fine). I had the cassoulet which I truly enjoyed. Beautiful wine list that is fairly priced. Companions enjoyed the lobster as well as the short rib combination.

Overall, very nice experience.

• Visited March 2012

Northern NJ
“Nice restaurant, good food”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We went for a Sunday Brunch. We enjoyed our food and that is important. An all vegetarian option on the menu would be a nice addition to the menu. In France it is the case I have found. There was supposed to be music but the group did not show up so we were a bit dissapointed. The portions of the side dishes vegetable, while tasty, too skimpy. Wine by the glass pour was short in my opinion. We liked the staff and the our food but at the prices charged we should have been more impressed by the experience.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank MiggieNorthernNJ
Westchester, NY
“Nice fine dining experience”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Menu options good. Service fine. Excellent location.

Visited May 2011
Connecticut
“Worst fine dinning experience ever”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Expensive with only so-so food. Service horrible unless you are a regular. Beautiful setting. Would rather place my head in a vice than to ever return here. Should have left when waitress told us that she delayed by 25 minutes bringing us menus as kitchen was backed up. It only got worse from there. Same heavy, brown gravy on both venison & swordfish dishes - would have worked on mashed potatoes in a diner.

4 Thank Doubleeagle
Inverness
“Really Special, Romantic, almost flawless.”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Enjoyed an outstanding meal at Bernard’s. What to say? Some of the best food I have ever eaten. Scallops were divine, The Venison was standout. Tuna Tartar was also amazing.

Service was impeccable. Friendly and not too formal but very attentive.
This is a restaurant that just does not do mediocre. Everything is close to perfection. If I’m honest this sort of restaurant is above my pay grade but its nice to have an opportunity to sample the best. For a special occasion I’d definitely come back and it gets my recommendation.

Value - While upscale is never going to be cheap I thought the value was very good. I particularly thought the wine was very reasonable from $10 per glass, $20 half bottles to the very expensive. If you are a wine lover this is going to be your kind of place. The choice was overwhelming.

As a nice final touch the owner Sarah came over and enquired as to how we enjoyed the meal.

• Visited January 2012