“Always fantastic”
Review of Bernard's

Bernard's
Reserve with OpenTable
Bernard's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 98 Restaurants in Ridgefield
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 35
Transit: CT Branchville/NY Katonah
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Always fantastic”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

As my title says, it is always fantastic. I have never had a bad experience eating here and would highly recommend this restaurant. Food is always excellent, wine list is superb and the service is always great. A must try!

• Visited July 2011

newtown
“cozy place - not sure it's worth the cost.”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I recently visited Bernard's for a friends birthday. This is a pretty place, we even went upstairs to take a look at the art work. The wine list was huge, we enjoyed a couple of nice wines from the list. The waitstaff however seemed void of personality barely able to crack a smile( come on guys) we want to see people who are happy. The food was good, not great especially for the price. Entrees were small and the veggies were more like a garnish, I understand about French cuisine, but give me a break!! This isn't the 70's I don't want to overindulge but I would like to get what I paid for. Desserts were alright, although small, I do not recommend the apple tart. The chocolate sample plate was pretty good though. We did have a nice time, but I'm not sure I would go again.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank waitress2
New York City, New York
“Outstanding in every respect”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This restaurant is outstanding. Decor is appealing, service is flawless, menu is sophisticated, and the food is excellent. Rivals the best restaurants in New York, New Orleans, Boston, and elsewhere. Absolutely perfect.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Erastus10
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“First class!”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Bernard's has outstanding food all around in a lovely setting. Service can be a little slow at times, but it is worth it.

Visited August 2010
Robbinsville, New Jersey
“Excellent Food - Bernard is best in the area!”
Reviewed April 23, 2011

We have tried other "fine dining" in Fairfield County and as far as the food - we have yet to find a competitor to Bernard. The french cuisine he turns out is just divine! We enjoyed the chef's tasting menu. This is a fun way to experiment with new tastes and dishes. The nice part was that for ALL of the 7 courses (except cheese course), my husband and I were served different dishes (and yes, for dessert we each had FOUR tastes - - so we got to try 8 different sweets!! i was in heaven!). It was really fun to taste so many different foods (you MUST come with an appetite if you plan to do the chef's tasting - - and don't fill up on bread - no matter how delicious it is!)

The atmosphere included lovely live piano music. The only real area of "need" is that the main dining room for the restaurant could use a little TLC (new decor would take it up a notch). The addition of "Sarah's Wine Bar" upstairs is a nice touch (amazing wine selection and less expensive menu) - and gives a bit of nightlife to an otherwise sleepy town of Ridgefield (it was still in FULL swing at 11pm when we left).

The nicest part was that the co-owner Sarah stopped by to inquire about our meal. I think this is a really nice ending to a lovely meal. It shows that the owners really care about their patrons.

• Visited April 2011