“Simply the Best”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I spend the summers in Taos, New Mexico and the Fall and Spring at the Southwest Cafe.The best New Mexican food outside of NM. Now that I can make an educated comparison.
Before retirement I spent all 4 season there. Over the years the atmosphere and food has evolved in this wonderful restaurant, it is home away from home for me. With an easiness and comfort eating at the yummy bar, or the funky tables both inside or out, or a real treat at the fabulous wine tastings, Southwest Cafe is "simply the best".

Reviewed October 15, 2010

I've been to the Southwest Cafe dozens of times and it just gets better. New chef - great new menu - and it still feels like home. One of the best things about the restaurant is the consistent quality of the food and friendliness of the staff.

Reviewed October 14, 2010

This is a very special restaurant. From the moment you walk into Southwest Cafe, there is a feeling of warmth, comfort and a "this is a very cool place" vibe. The welcoming staff, the eclectic and thoughtful decor and the diverse and exciting menu choices are a winning combination. The light and flavorful salads, authentic southwestern dishes, and an ever changing specials menu keeps me coming back for more. The prices for the abundant serving sizes make every choice a deal. The space has an intimate feeling with a full bar, the best margueritas in town, and an experienced and professional staff that really cares about your experience. The outdoor dining terrace is a great place to have lunch or dinner during the warmer months and their frequent wine pairing dinners are a town favorite. It is obvious that the staff and owner have perfected the art of creating a great dining experience. I take my daughters, old friends and new friends to Southwest Cafe and am always confident that we will have a great dining experience. When I weigh the choices of restaurants in Ridgefield, I inevitably end up choosing Southwest Cafe.

2  Thank trustheuniverse
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I recently made it over to Southwest Cafe on a girlfriend's recommendation and she was so right...the green chile stew was just like home. The atmosphere is so cozy and the staff was really inviting. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed October 8, 2010

My husband & I have had a few very pleasant & tasty lunches here. We decided to try it for dinner. It was a beautiful Sept. evening, and the live music on the patio was very nice. The service, as always, was pleasant & attentive. But the food was really terrible. The salsa that accompanied the chips was extremely salty. My grilled scallops were served on a mushy, soggy mass of something--it was supposed to be quinoa, but was just inedible. My husband's chicken tasted as if it had been reheating. Very disappointing, we will not be returning.

3  Thank 203nancyc