“Southwest Cafe is the best dining out experience in Ridgefield . . .”
Review of Southwest Cafe

Southwest Cafe
Ranked #18 of 107 Restaurants in Ridgefield
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2010

This is a very special restaurant. From the moment you walk into Southwest Cafe, there is a feeling of warmth, comfort and a "this is a very cool place" vibe. The welcoming staff, the eclectic and thoughtful decor and the diverse and exciting menu choices are a winning combination. The light and flavorful salads, authentic southwestern dishes, and an ever changing specials menu keeps me coming back for more. The prices for the abundant serving sizes make every choice a deal. The space has an intimate feeling with a full bar, the best margueritas in town, and an experienced and professional staff that really cares about your experience. The outdoor dining terrace is a great place to have lunch or dinner during the warmer months and their frequent wine pairing dinners are a town favorite. It is obvious that the staff and owner have perfected the art of creating a great dining experience. I take my daughters, old friends and new friends to Southwest Cafe and am always confident that we will have a great dining experience. When I weigh the choices of restaurants in Ridgefield, I inevitably end up choosing Southwest Cafe.

2  Thank trustheuniverse

Reviewed October 14, 2010

I recently made it over to Southwest Cafe on a girlfriend's recommendation and she was so right...the green chile stew was just like home. The atmosphere is so cozy and the staff was really inviting. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed October 8, 2010

My husband & I have had a few very pleasant & tasty lunches here. We decided to try it for dinner. It was a beautiful Sept. evening, and the live music on the patio was very nice. The service, as always, was pleasant & attentive. But the food was really terrible. The salsa that accompanied the chips was extremely salty. My grilled scallops were served on a mushy, soggy mass of something--it was supposed to be quinoa, but was just inedible. My husband's chicken tasted as if it had been reheating. Very disappointing, we will not be returning.

3  Thank 203nancyc
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I recently went with my familiy (which does not include young children) and was informed by waitress that "new policy" is that chips and salsa will not be served until after food has been ordered. Stated rationale for new policy is to ensure that patrons do not "spill" on the menus. Food was truly tasteless. Dimly lit. Chair backs have sharp protuding pieces. Expensive. Lousy experience--so bad it inspired me to write this, my first ever on-line review.

2  Thank Notpicky11
Reviewed June 23, 2010

This was the second place I tried for Mexican food when I first moved to the area from the Midwest. I ordered the chicken enchiladas - an easy basic. The chicken inside was slimy and moved around my plate and the overall taste was a little dirty dishwatery... I have crazy high standards for Mexican food, though, so if you want somewhere close and don't really have a discerning palate for anything Mexican or TexMex, then you could probably handle it. It's crowded inside and dark, but the outdoor seating area always looks welcoming and fun in nice weather.
It's really a shame that the food brings the place down so much (and by that, unfortunately, I mean disgusting!), as I'd love a local place to eat TexMex often!

2  Thank PickyGrrrl