“an excellent place for a coffee and....”
Review of Tusk and Cup

Tusk and Cup
“an excellent place for a coffee and....”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I go here weekly and love their coffee! It's always fresh and hot. I had a breakfast sandwich that I also enjoyed. I'm able to get in and out quickly. There always seems to be lots of people, so it's a fun place to stop. It's convenient and easy to park. They have a bunch of other goodies that I've never had, but hey look delicious! If your cruisin' by, it's worth a great cup of coffee!

Visited September 2013

Redding, Connecticut
“Love the Latte”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I'm a big Starbucks fan and was happily surprised with the delicious latte served here. As a former small business owner, I am a big advocate to support local shops and now I can for my latte too. This is a busy coffee shop with many offerings including homemade gelato. Great spot to grab a coffee on the run or relax and catch up with friends. Love it!

• Visited June 2013
Redding, Connecticut
“Good coffee and biscotti. Yoou can also gewt a well made pre prepared wrap”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

You can take out or sit and be but not too long. Wi fi requires getting a password from the staff and is limited in duration.

Visited April 2013
Ridgefield, CT.
“Great coffee and atmosphere”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I frequent tusk and cup quite often. Since I lived in Italy many years ago it reminds of the fabulous espresso bars all over Italy. The cappuccino is terrific. Service is excellent and if you are try their homemade bagels and r sandwiches. And by the way they Mae their own gelato.

Visited May 2013
Connecticut
“Ground zero. You have arrived to the caffeine palace.”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We are coffee fanatics/addicts and have been so through college, grad school, job 1, job 2, etc. etc. We can throw around names and qualities of coffee, roasting techniques, container bag quality, Swiss water decaf, fair trade, Barista Society-in other words, change that fanatic to...coffee snobs-that's us and we kneel to the altar of Tusk and Cup as the finest Latte we have had the pleasure of ingesting. The owners and staff are very pleasant and usually in these reviews we would sing the praises of the owners and Jason, their fine barista but its coffee we're talking and human beings run a distant second to "it." The owners know and we know that "it's" in the machine; a very fine, very expensive Italian espresso maker --and what a result. On a slight down side here, the beans are not roasted on site but rather by an independent nearby. We're purists, you know.

With all of the foregoing in mind as a public service: the cafe in Darien-I forgot the forgettable name-is high techie-similar machine but very sterile atmosphere. Continuing on, Zumbachs-New Canaan, great roasted coffee beans, Daybreak-Glastonbury likewise, Common Ground-Branford, same, Willoughby's, Madison, New Haven, same, and toss in Mocha Joes, Brattleboro, Vt., same. Yes, NYC has a number of memorable coffee companies but we're Connecticut snobs with a hat tip to Vermont. However, if it says Green Mountain Coffee take a very quick pass and if it says Jamaican Blue Mountain laugh unless you're paying $30+ and you have faith in the coffee gods that you have been blessed with the little a nugget of the JBM actually grown-most now goes to Japan-a blend of anything can be one expensive bean and the kitchen sink, and...if it says organic, well that's getting close to Santa Claus, buy only water processed decaf; spare yourself Starbucks its junior coffee, good lemon loaf and fun plastic cards and get yourself to Tusk and Cup.

You can see what nuts we are when it comes to coffee. These guys at the Tusk and Cup really do take care of you, they really do work to give you the best coffee-but when I sit down with an espresso or a latte (decaf generally tastes better as a rule anywhere)It's just me and that elephant they have everywhere. An elephant with his trunk raised means good luck. Picture, today I am in the promised land with elephant or not; I have the coffee in front of me, my better half is drinking her tea, she doesn't know I am about to splurge by finishing up with a wicked gelato. Two lattes today versus one tea. Luck is on my side today...but she's driving.

• Visited April 2013