“Great homemade food”
Review of La Piazza - CLOSED

La Piazza
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mediterranean, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: La Piazza Restaurant & Wine BarNamed after the gathering places in city squares throughout Italy, La Piazza is where folks gather over great Italian food and wine. La Piazza recently opened in the Branchville neighborhood of Ridgefield, CT. Owned and operated by Helen and Demetri Zervos, seasoned restaurateurs with over 40 years of experience, including their popular TAVERN ON MAIN in Westport, CT, their new venture is now a family affair with sons Anthony, John, and Leonardo joining in the excitement of the restaurant world. The Zervos' Mediterranean heritage has had a great deal of influence on the menu, as well as the decor and family atmosphere. The space is divided into a full bar with tables for dining, and a separate dining room, replete with stone fireplace, dark wood furnishings and large bay windows that overlook a bustling Route 7. Every nuance of this modern Italian restaurant has been meticulously thought out, from the black and white photography on the walls to the large library shelves that house beautiful pottery, eclectic pieces of art, and olive oil from the Mediterranean.La Piazza's modern Italian-American menu is created by Executive Chef David Limon Ramaro. Everything prepared in the La Piazza kitchen starts from quality ingredients. It is a true scratch kitchen, from stocks and sauces to house made pasta and desserts. Chef David, offers aregional Italian menu with modern American influences. A variety of experiences can be had at La Piazza from a more sophisticated menu of daily seafood specials, steak and pasta dishes to more casual fare such as cheese calzones, fried calamari, meatballs and even La Piazza's version of a classic Italian grinder with assorted meats, roasted red peppers, mozzarella cheese, lettuce, and balsamic vinaigrette. To go along with the beautifully prepared food is a global wine list that features a large selection of Italian varietals. Top shelf spirits, creative cocktails, and a selection of draught, craft and imported beers round out the beverage program. An active bar scene ensues from post work happy hour to late night socializing. La Piazza is a neighborhood restaurant and bar that exudes warmth and genuine hospitality.
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I've dined at piazza twice now and both experiences were very good. I had the lasagna once witch is a classic dish that I love and this one didn't dissapoint. It was served piping hot in an iron skillet. The other occasion my wife had a home made vegetable rissotto also very tasty and creamy from the one bite that she allowed me to have. That time I opted for two apps. I had the seared sea scallops and the mussles in a garlic sauce that was so good I asked for another serving of bread to wipe up the extra sauce I had left. We finished if with a home made tiramisu. WOW. I wanted to get another one but my wife wouldn't allow me to. Enjoy this nice little addition to ridgefield if you go! I hope this establishment has a long life it's great to see a new restaurant in the area. And on a second note the review before this mentioned little pub. Eat there if you want to sit an inch from other patrons and bar food is your thing. I felt like us was in a trolly car when I ate at little pub. I can't understand why there are always people there? I would much prefer house made pastas and desserts but that's just me I guess.

There are newer reviews for La Piazza

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Across from the Branchville Metro North Station on Route 7 is a remarkable Restaurant and Wine Bar which cannot be missed, it is La Piazza, a Restaurant and Wine Bar.
Do yourself a favor and make this place a destination restaurant.
The wine list is impressive and avail yourself of the cozy atmosphere that the owners and managers have put in place.
To Die For: Try the PEI Mussells, much more than the typical bowl of seafood swimming in a garlic butter sauce, real effort is put into this sauce, the only remarkable thing was that I did not get a spoon to lap up this gracious gravy. This was followed by a heavenly rissotto and accompanied by a Riesling by Kiona.
The service was fantastic and very attentive.
The menu and the specials will make your mouth water. DO STOP BY...........

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've dined at La Piazza twice now, but never again. There is nothing about the food that struck us as memorable, pasta was eh, meatballs were dry and hard, salad was just ordinary,bread wasn't worth eating. On the positive side, the red sauce was good. I work hard for my money but this place isn't going to get any more of it unless they kick things up a notch. While I don't really love nearby Little Pub, it's a much better option.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have been to La Piazza twice now. Once for dinner with my teenage daughter and once for lunch with my wife because I wanted her to see this new place. Both times I was impressed with the food, the warm, friendly service and the value. There is plenty of seating for couples and families. I had different waiters the two times I've been there, both were exceptionally friendly, informative and efficient. I thought the first time, we'd just gotten lucky, but based on my sample of 2, great service appears to be part of the La Piazza experience. Best of all at prices that are friendly to your wallet. We'll definitely be back again and again.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Food was delish, staff friendly and attentive, who'd have thought salad pizza would be so so delicious?