“All about the food, but service and price? Not so much!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Description: It has 4 other restaurants in the chain - becoming quite popular
Danbury, Connecticut
“All about the food, but service and price? Not so much!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

I'll start off in saying we have been to Thali in New Haven and the food was excellent - my review of that is almost the same as this….

I've been eating Indian food in the UK for years so I know good Indian when I eat it and this is great stuff…From the appetizers to the dessert most is top-notch, innovative and yummy....

The bad part is the wait staff is pushy. This is the second time I have selected something from the menu and then been told by the wait staff to order something else that THEY prefer.

Listen, I don't care what YOU prefer, and it shouldn't be on the menu if it isn’t top-notch. And when you tell them "no", they get puppy-dog sad eyes. This has happened to me at both places so they must teach the staff to do this. Well stop it.

Next up - PRICE!! Indian food is cheap as chips in the UK. But it's very expensive here - I mean $20 for chicken tikka masala with 8 (small) pieces of chicken? $28 for duck with even less? This food is cheap to make, this location is in the middle of nowhere, I don't get why it's so expensive.

We probably won’t go back as a dinner for 4 adults and 1 child (only 1adult drank some wine) no drinks, no dessert, almost $200...that’s almost $50/head.

• Visited March 2011