“Nice bar good location but food is average”

Bissell House Reastaurant and Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2013

For a quick lunch it is fine on the Main Street of this beautiful town. A stroll down Main Street is a lovely walk or venue for exercising. Don't expect anything inventive or of high quality. Don't order the lobster roll it is tasteless and not fresh and I have ordered on multiple occasions praying for a New England flare just to be disappointed with covering sauces. Overall fair but not worth a special trip.

There are newer reviews for Bissell House Reastaurant and Bar

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family and I went to breakfast here on Sunday. It was a nice area and the service was excellent. The waiters were very prompt. Food portions were large and the coffee tasted great. The menu was very diverse. Everyone could choose what they wanted. I would go here again for brunch on Sunday.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The Bissel House is back after the fire and rebuild. The food is good, though not always consistent. The specials are always worth choosing since those are the Chef's highlights. It can get a bit loud at times, but that is to be expected for a local dining and watering hole. If you get there on a night when there is entertainment, be sure to go early to get a good table, the place will fill up quickly.
The rating is mostly for the loudness, not for the food or service.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The four of us were in Ridgefield to see the Keeler Tavern and the guide reccommended the Bissel House for lunch. It was a very hot day and the inside ac felt really good. I ordered the burger and fries and they must have given me a pound of fries! The burger was huge and cooked perfectly. I loved it. We ordered a local beer which was really good. The service was good, the food was good, and we left with full stomachs. I wouldn't hesitate to go there again.

Thank ricka..
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Very pretty spot. We thought it was going to rain so we opted to sit inside and were given a great table by the window in a very private alcove. Our waiter Tim was terrific. He suggested the Pinot noir which was a great choice for wine. He also offered my companion a half salad to start which was not on the menu. Our entrees were delicious. I had the pear salad with chicken and my companion had the crispy chicken. We both enjoyed them, and took half home. The only complaint was the crime brûlée was a bit gritty. We will definitely go again when up in ridgefield. Hopefully we get Tim as our waiter again.

1  Thank Maria V