“Pleasant afternoon lunch spot.”

Bissell House Reastaurant and Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
boston,ma.
“Pleasant afternoon lunch spot.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The four of us were in Ridgefield to see the Keeler Tavern and the guide reccommended the Bissel House for lunch. It was a very hot day and the inside ac felt really good. I ordered the burger and fries and they must have given me a pound of fries! The burger was huge and cooked perfectly. I loved it. We ordered a local beer which was really good. The service was good, the food was good, and we left with full stomachs. I wouldn't hesitate to go there again.

• Visited June 2013
Thank ricka..

Westchester, New York, United States
“Good choice!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Very pretty spot. We thought it was going to rain so we opted to sit inside and were given a great table by the window in a very private alcove. Our waiter Tim was terrific. He suggested the Pinot noir which was a great choice for wine. He also offered my companion a half salad to start which was not on the menu. Our entrees were delicious. I had the pear salad with chicken and my companion had the crispy chicken. We both enjoyed them, and took half home. The only complaint was the crime brûlée was a bit gritty. We will definitely go again when up in ridgefield. Hopefully we get Tim as our waiter again.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Maria V
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Pleasant”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Pleasant location and food. Fair prices. Misinformation provided in response to inquiry about food allergy.

Visited June 2013
Ridgefield, CT.
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We frequent Bissell's often because we like the atmosphere, food and it is close to home. Unfortunately the past two times we have eaten there the service has not been up to par and in our most resent visit the food wasn't to or liking. We always thought they served the best hamburgers in town. My wife ordered hers medium rare. Our friend ordered hers rare and specified it to our waiter twice. My wife's burger arrived well done. Our friends wasn't rare at all. Also our meals arrived staggered. All at different times. The host was vey apologetic and charge for the 2 burgers.
We hope this was a onetime incident because we like Bissell 's and will be back.

• Visited April 2013
Ridgefield, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best location in town”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Interesting ambience. I have mostly gone there for lunch. Great when the weather is good and you seat utside and just see the world go by. Love, love their mussels. Like the combination of tastes. The lobster rolls are also delicious.

Visited March 2013