“Good restaurant”

Bissell House Reastaurant and Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Bissell House is a good restaurant that offers a varied menu for families of all ages. There is a kids menus too. The atmosphere is friendly. After we were seated it appeared as if everyone was greeted with hugs when they arrived. Bissell is definitely a place where many come back often. This was our first time but we will return and maybe get a hug too.
All of our meals (burgers, pork chop, meat loaf and steak tips) were good. No complaints from anyone. The two burger eaters highly praised their burgers. Almost made me wish I ordered a burger. Two meals were taken home for the next day. We did not order desserts. Our only complaint was salads did not come with the entrée. Many restaurants offer modestly priced salad upgrades when you order an entrée.

There are newer reviews for Bissell House Reastaurant and Bar

Reviewed December 11, 2012

There's a lot of love at Bissell House. My husband and I frequent there on Tuesday nights, when they have been offering a Buy One Get One Burger special. The burgers are absolutely delicious - always cooked perfectly, and the large serving of house fries that come with the burgers are a real tasty treat - just about the best fries we've ever eaten. I don't think the great burger special is advertised - you need to mention it when you are there on a Tuesday night, and I'm not sure how long it will continue, but it is the best deal in town. Add-on's such as cheese, bacon, onion are extra. The service has always been excellent no matter what night we are there. The restaurant offers other specials certain nights of the week. Ask about them on your next visit!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Had lunch here and really liked the menu selection. The food was very good, the wait staff could step it up a bit but they were very pleasant.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice variety of food choices. Loved the chopped salad, and the scallops
were fresh and cooked perfectly! Try the duck confit sliders! YUM!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We have eaten here on several occasions. The outdoors area is very nice and the inside is neatly arranged. We went there for dinner last night and ate indoors because it was cold out. The lighting was terrible! I am all for ambiance but when you are unable to read a menu or your bill or see how your food is cooked...that is really poor. We had to borrow a flashlight phone from the people sitting next to us in order to view the menu! They were using several of them because they were in the same position...couldn't see the menu. I ordered a Bissell Burger. It appeared by flavor to be cooked correctly but I found several pieces of grizzle in it, one was hard like a piece of bone?? Since I couldn't see what it actually was, and encountered 2 more pieces of grizzle, I am calling it that. We have eaten here in the past but not for several months....their prices have gone up, their quality has gone down and the lighting just added to our disappointment. Probably won't return...