“Poor meals”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Prospect, Connecticut
“Poor meals”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have several consecutive poor meals there and stopped going.

Here's one example. My last meal there I ordered a pastrami on rye. It was sort of pricey because it came without fries or a pickle. But the sandwich was skimpy. There was two thin slices of pastrami - that's all. My first bite I tasted was nothing but bread. That was the last straw after several previous disappointments and I never went back again

• Visited April 2013

Naugatuck, Connecticut
“50's flair, brings you back in time, from petal cars to classic cola pictures. Good food.”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Prices can be a bit high but I have never had a problem with the food or the service. We eat there often. Its not unusal to see the local mayor enjoying a meal on any given day, while chatting up the local. Its typical diner style food, kids meals are served in old fashioned style car boxes, kids love it. It is an open kitchen area and they have had their share of less then average cooks running the grill, but I do like that you can keep an eye on them while they make your meal if you like.
I have seen that the owners son and sister have helped fill in on occasion its my opinion that the son should just not offer his services, as he has no problem yelling at his mom or the wait staff. Waitresses are friendly and personable.
We will go again. Its to bad that bad reviews have slowed business there to a crawl its a fun place to hang out and enjoy a meal.

• Visited May 2013
Chesire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yuck!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Havn't been there in quite sometime after yesterday mornings breakfast I remember why,homefries were dripping with grease and my omelette burnt.The waitress was friendly and offered us something else,we declined since it took so long to get our food in the first place. I can see why the place was so empty!! Spill the Beans is by far the best one in town!!!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Barb T
Southington, Connecticut
“Meh.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by the Dairy Bar because we were in the neighborhood, a friend had recommended it to us for a good breakfast place. We ordered the "healthy omlette" with eggs, turkey sausage and nonfat cheese. It was 5 dollars for an omlette, home fries and toast. Not too bad in price. But the food not so much... The coffee was terrible, and the waitress never came by to check if we needed a refill. But, the waitress was very nice to us; not rude like other reviews. I wouldn't go to the Dairy Bar again...

Naugatuck
“Don't waste your time, money or taste buds....”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Terrible food and sevice consistently--I won't go there again! The food just doesn't taste good and the waitresses are downright rude sometimes. The last time we went in there, we waited a long time for the food and the waitress brought us the wrong food and was nasty to us when we told her--she even argued with us---so insulting. I've been in this restaurant about 5 times because it is close to our home and all 5 visits were poor. Never again,,,,

Visited July 2012

Been to Prospect Dairy Bar? Share your experiences!