“An Oldie but a Goodie”

Dining options: Breakfast
Prospect, Connecticut
“An Oldie but a Goodie”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My son and I make it a point to eat breakfast here every other Saturday outside of football season. We've been doing it for years and rarely had a complaint about food or service.

The food is regular diner food - priced well, quick, tasty and plenty of it. If you want to try something special try the home made hash when it is available or the Dairy Bar Omelet.

I don't know what the other reviewers experienced, but we've always has simple good food and service here.

• Visited January 2013

Naugatuck, Connecticut
“Its as bad as they say!!!!!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Have you ever been in a resturant now mind you just a small lil local diner and seen cameras everywhere,even as we went outside to smoke they had one.WTF LMAO what do they think they are Like a Michael Jordans Steakhouse,do they think someone is stealing the sugar shaker what I dont understand,why all the cameras???Do you think your employees are stealing,or that the place is so busy that you need to be on top (We were there at 6pm there was us and 3 other tables) I am just in awe with all the cameras.I can tell you this it isn't to keep anyone from stealing any award winning chili recipe or secret flavor Ice Cream or Burger cuz everything Suc**D,the chili was all dryed out it was like eating meatsauce or something,we wanted our burger baskets med. they where burnt to a crisp and the fries tasted like fish.Instead of worrying about what the customers are doing maybe you should be watching your help.Better yet make a self help video for your diner an how not to run a business!

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank jenn j
Waterbury, Connecticut
“New Owner”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have found out for a fact that it is under new ownership the young girl that works the grill is in the process of buying it. And I am so disgusted that the old owner would tell people that she had cancer as a way to get sympathy so disturbing I lost my wife to breast cancer and to have some whack job telling people that she has it It's mind blowing.

4 Thank nenelakesdaluvly
chesire
“Dirty!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I thought it was a law that they had to wear gloves??I was freaked out because they came in after smoking outside and didn't even wash there hands,I was too skeeved out to eat so I left 3/4 of it on my plate when the waitress came over and asked if everything was o.k. I told her what I saw all she did was shrug her shoulders,not even an apology!

5 Thank desi d
prospect
“Terrible food and service”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Terrible food and service is just as bad.homefries are nasty and taste like boiled potatos,eggs were too dark and toast was cold,when I finally got a waitress for a second cup of coffee we were done eating.

4 Thank francis w

Been to Prospect Dairy Bar? Share your experiences!