“Close to foxwoods”

Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Preston
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We always stay at this Hilton it's modern and beats anything around hands down. Foxwoods can keep there 500.00 a night rooms. There food service is great. Thank you Hilton for keeping it in the real world!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was visiting this area for the first time, for a night by myself, to stop over at Foxwoods partway through a trip. On the positive side, the hotel has a very nice lobby and the room is spacious, modern, and well-equipped (for instance ample power outlets, a pet peeve of mine). And what should have been a positive is the regular shuttle bus down the road to Foxwoods. But the shuttle was a big disappointment: the first one after my arrival was about 10 minutes behind schedule and only a minivan-sized car with multiple seats out of operation -- leaving room for just 4 passengers. I made it, but several didn't. The driver was hard to understand and vice-versa so people couldn't figure out when he'd be back for more. When I returned, the van was full again, so I had to wait about an extra 20 minutes. Once I got to my room, there was an awful lot of hallway noise for 2am.

To give the manager credit, when I commented on the shuttle, he offered me a discount for a return trip. The desk staff was all quite friendly, helpful, and concerned.

So, I think it's OK overall, but I'd recommend against relying on the shuttle if you want to go to Foxwoods. And maybe bring earplugs.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Fred152
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The hotel is just down the road from Foxwoods. However, there is not much around the hotel as far as restaurants or shopping. I would rank this Hilton Garden Inn average compared to others I have stayed at. The rooms are large and clean, the staff was friendly and the price was right.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Hotel is in great condition. Rooms very spacious and up to date. Beds are very comfortable. Very clean. Professional yet fun staff who go the extra mile to make a good stay a great one. Located beside Foxwoods Casino with a complimentary shuttle to and from, we took advantage of this service and were extremely satisfied. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We enjoyed our time and stay at this Hilton near Foxwoods. The shuttles to the casino are frequent and fast. The staff is excellent and attentive. The rooms were larger than expected and extremely clean. The service at the bar and breakfast area were way above expectation. We were there for a wedding and the staff was friendly and anticipated our needs..mainly drinking!! I will now recommend this hotel as a great option for not staying directly in the Foxwoods or Mohegan properties.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I arrived to find the power was out and all I got from them was that it was after midnight and all the guest were just going to bed and the power should be back up in the morning. I demanded my money back several times and then they told me about a hotel down the road that could accommodate me.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kristin S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Valued Guest-

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced when you arrived at our property. We were pleased we were able to get the power back after a 2 hour period but understand it was an inconvenience for all guests who were on property at that time.

I certainly hope you were pleased with the speed of refund and accommodations of the Bellissimo Grande Hotel and that you elect to stay with us in the future.

If I can be of further personal assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Yours in Hospitality-

Kristin Sanquedolce
Operations Manager

Reviewed June 5, 2014

My family and I enjoy The Hilton Garden Inn every time we visit Foxwoods. It is close to the resort and the rates are reasonable. The rooms are very nicely furnished (comparable with some of Foxwoods Hotels), the facility is well cared for and the amenities are great. It is smoke free which my family loves ( I smoke but I do enjoy the smoke free/smell free environment). The staff is professional, friendly and courteous. Each time we've visited I have always had the pleasure of being helped by Michelle. She is wonderful and helpful. She has always helped make our stay enjoyable. This has become our hotel of choice when we come to the Foxwoods Resort Casino.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Preston
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
#2 of 5 in North Stonington
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area? Share your experiences!