“Great experience via Groupon”

Dalice Elizabeth Winery
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Preston
More attraction details
Owner description: When family and friends get together there is a magical sense of camaraderie of family. Il Cantina Sociale di La Familglia is Our Society of Wine Producers & you are now a member of the family. Throughout your days of wine-making with us you will learn from second, third & fourth generation Italian-Americans the joys and traditions of wine making. From crushing and pressing to racking and bottling, you will be involved in each step resulting in your own barrel of Vino della Casa labeled, of course, with your name. During your time with us, in addition to working with the grapes, we invite you to experience the Italian way, as we know it. We will share with you our new family, the great meals, the lore, the tradition and the story telling that has made for such camaraderie and resulted in so many special times. You'll probably even pick up a few of our favorite phrases and gestures along the way. We invite you to stroll the gardens, play a game of bocce or horseshoes, or lend a hand in the kitchen preparing for the evening's feast!
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great experience via Groupon”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure we would have even known about this place if Groupon had not offered the deal. We did a wine / chocolate tasting. Happened to go on a beautiful day, and were surprised to see lots of people sitting outside under a huge old tree by a nice pond. We sat in comfy wicker rockers, folk singer in the background, and they brought each tasting out to us. Really. nice servers. We even saw them moving large chairs and tables for some older people into the shade. The wine itself was better than i expected, some were pretty good! The only downside was the chocolate really was just different types of chocolate bars cut up into pieces. That wasn't really our focus so not a big deal, but if it's offered as a chocolate pairing, maybe should be a little nicer? Will Definately go back and bring friends and food.

Lyme, Connecticut
“Wonderful warm winery!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Visited on the advice of a friend for an open mike night recently and was very pleasantly surprised. We were advised to order food beforehand and we were delighted to be served the most abundant and gorgeous farm fresh salad with many delicious ingredients and stuffed breads, two for the vegetarians and two for the carnivores. The food was really amazing. Topped only by the wine tasting, which was so much fun and full of a variety of flavors. Dee and Blaze treated us graciously and we spent the night with great local music, the best food we've had out in a long time, and delicious new wines. Homey, sweet and a place to add to a list of favorites, they are certainly eager and anxious to please and we all had a blast. Everyone there was sweet and grateful for a place to let go and enjoy wine, food and song with great spirit!

Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A MUST stop on the CT Wine trail!!!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I loved this winery. From the moment my group arrived, we were made to feel like we were family. It is rustic, quaint, very beautiful, and the owners were fabulous. We ordered the cheese plate and antipasto to accompany our tasting. The wines were delicious and the server was entertaining and informative. I recommend this winery to anyone visiting the CT wine trail!!

Wallingford, Connecticut
“Perfect!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband & I stopped at this vineyard this past weekend as we work our way through our CT passports. What a terrific experience! It's a small, family operation & although it was extremely busy Dee & her fiancé were very attentive, giving us everything we needed. I wish we were a bit closer so could visit more often...but we'll definitely be taking the hour drive to visit again!

Preston, Connecticut
4 attraction reviews
“First crush/first love”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is the first winery that I ever visited. I must say I feel in love with the wine, atmosphere and the host of the property. Blaze offered so much information on the wines that I actually felt smart (and dizzy) when I left there. The wine was incredible. Now whenever we go to Foxwoods we stop at Dalice Elizabeth's to chill before and after!

Visited May 2013