“Hidden gem!”

Dalice Elizabeth Winery
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Preston
More attraction details
Owner description: When family and friends get together there is a magical sense of camaraderie of family. Il Cantina Sociale di La Familglia is Our Society of Wine Producers & you are now a member of the family. Throughout your days of wine-making with us you will learn from second, third & fourth generation Italian-Americans the joys and traditions of wine making. From crushing and pressing to racking and bottling, you will be involved in each step resulting in your own barrel of Vino della Casa labeled, of course, with your name. During your time with us, in addition to working with the grapes, we invite you to experience the Italian way, as we know it. We will share with you our new family, the great meals, the lore, the tradition and the story telling that has made for such camaraderie and resulted in so many special times. You'll probably even pick up a few of our favorite phrases and gestures along the way. We invite you to stroll the gardens, play a game of bocce or horseshoes, or lend a hand in the kitchen preparing for the evening's feast!
“Hidden gem!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stopped by on way to casino. Hidden little gem! It's quaint and Dee and Blaze sure you are like family!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank DonLeeFen
Blaze F, Owner at Dalice Elizabeth Winery, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thanks for your response, I hope you come back again so we can do whatever possible to give you 5 star service, please let us know what we can improve on!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“It feels like home!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I love this place, they make you feel like family when you're there. I have made it a regular place for my friends & I to meet at the end of a work week!
Its a great place to unwind and enjoy the beautiful scenery that this part of CT has to offer. On your next trip to Foxwoods, please make a point to stop by Dalice, you will not be disappointed!

2 Thank Cher52
Hearing that we make you feel like family is probably the greatest complement one can receive. We appreciate you and the girls more than you know and you all have become friends and family. We hope all customers can feel this way, and encourage those of you who have had a great time to continue coming and those who have had difficulties, give us another shot, we get better every weekend!
Westport, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WHAT AMAZING PLACE TO GET AWAY TO HAVE WINE”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I went here with a group friends :) I had amazing time :) The wine was out of this world :) The prices are just right :) I loved all the different kinds of music :) The location was very pretty :) I will keep coming back here with my friends and my boyfriend too :) Also one day I am going to use this place for my wedding :) Everyone should go here with friends, boyfriend, husband, wife, girlfriend its a great place to go to have a good time :)

1 Thank PINKDOGLOVER19
Thank you so much for your kind response. I personally love it when someone leaves with such positive words. We hope you come back again and take in the tastes and sights during this gorgeous summer!
West Hartford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quaint Winery, Great Experience”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Went here with a new date. We had a wonderful time. The scenery is gorgeous, right on Amos Lake. Wine was amazing, definitely worth the price. Was very happy to support this family-owned business. The experience is what set it apart from other wineries I have visited in the past. Chatted with other customers and with the owners. Spent the whole day there, extremely welcoming- The servers are personable and the atmosphere very relaxed and peaceful. Would recommend to anyone looking for a new place to visit to unwind on the weekends.

1 Thank amanda S
Thank you so much for your kind words. We aim to give the best customer experience we possibly can and we are thrilled you noticed. Please come back and see how much we have improved, even since your visit. Next time try one of our antipasti or cheese platters!!!
Hartford, Connecticut
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Peaceful, friendly winery”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Went herewith friends, used the wine and chocolate tasting groupons. All wines and chocolates were delicious, plus staff were very friendly. In addition, they have a beautiful Saint Bernard named Jager who is friendly and very sweet!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank kdominator
Blaze F, Owner at Dalice Elizabeth Winery, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. Jager is a geat wine puppy. We are a very dog friendly establishment, so if you have dogs feel free to bring your own if their friendly and on a leash, or just enjoy our 210 lb Saint Bernard Jager! I am happy you enjoyed our wines and chocolates, and even happier that our staff met your standards! We hope to see you again soon!