$128
$299
$279
Priceline
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $310/night.

Grand Pequot Tower(Mashantucket)
$279
$359
$339
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $420/night.

Two Trees Inn(Mashantucket)
$262
$233
Priceline
Mohegan Sun(Uncasville)
$1,500
$199
Preferred Hotels
Bellissimo Grande Hotel(North Stonington)
$129
$97
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsadelaide roomother gueststhe main housecream cheesenext morningold housewonderful hostsmystic seaportlots of historyown bathroommohegan sungame room with poolchampagne toastb bsfirst floorbreakfast was deliciousfresh fruit
Reviewed August 14, 2017

My wife and I stayed for two nights at Captain Grant’s Inn earlier this month. It is a wonderful B&B with a truly historic presence. We stayed in the Elizabeth Room which was clean and comfortable and furnished with a rustic touch; the en suite bathroom is quite modern. The Elizabeth Room is across the hallway from the Adelaide Room which has the reputation of being haunted by a little girl. While we encountered no ghostly spirits, we did experience the warm and welcoming spirit of the Inn’s congenial co-hosts, Ted and Carol, who regaled us with the very interesting history of the Inn during our first breakfast there which was served out on a veranda. The breakfasts of fresh fruit, eggs, pancakes and toast were very good. Although my wife and I did not visit Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun, we met several guests who were staying at the Inn given its very close proximity to both casinos. If you enjoy staying at B&Bs that are not only friendly and comfortable, but also have plenty of historic character (and perhaps even a haunted guest room), then Captain Grant’s Inn should be very high up on that list.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited Captain Grant's when attending a concert at Mohegan Sun casino. The innkeepers, Ted and Carol couldn't be more friendly and gracious both to us and to our dog who was traveling with us. The property oozes beauty and charm; after checking in we almost didn't want to leave to attend the concert. The following morning we were served a delicious breakfast on the deck of the main house and thoroughly enjoyed the meal and great company. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit to the casino.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
CaptaiGrants, Owner at Captain Grant's, 1754, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2017

Thank you so much for the great review. Also, you have a beautiful dog.

Reviewed July 22, 2017

Lovely find near Foxwoods. Authentic B&B in rustic farmhouse. The inn keepers, Carole and Ted, were very friendly and served a delicious breakfast. Breakfast is served at a large dining room table. We enjoyed the conversations and learning about the other guests and their plans.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
CaptaiGrants, Owner at Captain Grant's, 1754, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 20, 2017

We were hesitant in trying a B&B in Connecticut since our experience in finding a good hotel in the area hasn't been good.

We are glad we found Captain Grant's! It was a great surprise. It was a beautiful old building which we feel in love with when we walked in the front door. Our room was just as nice. We enjoyed sitting out on the decks in the morning and evening.

The breakfasts were fantastic and and down to earth.

Ted and Carole are great hosts and go out of their way to open the building too you and to make sure you are totally satisfied. We loved it so much, we booked it to return next year.

I've read some of the negative posts and with our experience, find how Carole was portrayed is totally inaccurate.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you for coming to our Inn and the great review. The reviews mean a lot to us.

Reviewed June 18, 2017

Have to start by saying this is a pretty neat B&B. Carole and Ted are wonderful hosts, make you feel at home. They're property is beautiful, got to see a deer right in their backyard. Carole explained how she bought this property in the early 80's and that her husband Ted was her first customer. Pretty cool story. The homemade breakfast is amazing and the rooms are quaint. We were down there to see Journey and Asia at Mohegan Sun and met the lead guitarist of Asia's parents as they were staying there also, from England. Ok, so Friday night the16th of June at 2:37 am, I was awoken by tiny footsteps above our room ( Margaret Room) followed by a giggle. Really thought it was nothing so I fell asleep, at 3:49 am, I was awoken again by a noise that I can only explain at a sliding lock inside our door, going back and forth, like someone was trying to get out, it lasted for about 5 seconds. The next morning I confronted Ted and Carol who live in the suite above our room, and asked if they had a dog or child, and they just looked at each other, then at me, but did not answer at first. A couple minutes later, Carol came up to me and said in the late 1700's, a 5 year old girl had died in that room. I never really believed in entities or spirits, until that morning. I never felt threatened or nervous, just curious. What a great experience and I think I would go back, and maybe set up my GoPro.

Room Tip: Margaret or Adelaide room
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberly F

Thank you for choosing Captain Grant's. If you buy my book "The Ghosts of Captain Grant's" a lot will be explained to you. Please come again. Our ghosts are very friendly and would never hurt anyone.