All reviews adelaide room other guests the main house next morning mystic seaport lots of history wonderful hosts own bathroom mohegan sun game room with pool b bs champagne toast first floor historic house served a delicious breakfast fresh fruit carol
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed here 4th July weekend for a Mystic CT experience. Both the house and the proprietors have character; the place is as much Ted and Carol as is it a house built in 1754, Very helpful in suggesting places to eat (made dinner reservations for us at a nice local place) and in getting discount tickets for Mystic attractions. Breakfast was excellent and filling. We didn't see or hear anything supernatural, bet we had the air conditioner on the whole time.

Room Tip: Two houses contain rooms, one near street and one set back. The set back house is where breakfast is served, and could be quieter, although I did not notice any road noise during my stay. If booking two rooms together, specify both rooms in same house.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank george l
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

AWSOME stay Ted and Carol stellar hosts. The inn is very inviting. Comfortable rooms, you feel the history . They say it's haunted I say just be polite . The breakfast is fantastic , the company priceless . Ted and Carol sat with us and the conversations where so soothing. We will be back!!! Oh don't forget to buy some homemade jams .

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Sevenmonk
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I was intrigued by stories and history of this mysterious inn but I was delighted by the charming ambiance of this place and the hospitality of hosts Ted and Carol. My husband loved it as well and we would love to be back in a heart beat for another stay! Breakfast was so good and our little " promenade " within the property on that sunny day made our stay unforgettable. I'd highly recommend it to anybody who loves the peace, quiet and charm of a unique B & B inn.

Room Tip: choose the rooms on the second floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank scorpion_queen74
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Will definitely be back. Ted and Carol were extremely welcoming. I felt like I went back into a better time, when life was more simple. Loved it!hoping to bring some friends back this fall.i think this would be a great place for a girls getaway!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank lovesVegas12
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My sisters and I went to Captain Grant's for my birthday getaway. It felt like home away from home, was comfy and the grounds are so pretty. I wish it was warmer so I could have had coffee on the porch in the morning. The rooms are close together, so you have to be pretty quiet, but we had it to ourselves that night and didn't have to worry. Country breakfast the next morning was such a delicious treat, we felt very pampered there! Ted and Carol were so caring and made sure we had everything we needed. The heating system kept me awake so my next visit will be in the summer, hopefully very soon. I loved walking through the old cemeteries and feeling connected to our history. We did not encounter any spirits but felt our dads presence. :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family